• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fiction's Upper Limit in a 3D world.

I posted this awhile ago. In my studies I have come to my own conclusion's how situations apply in our fantasy here. I haven't come across this elsewhere as far as I know.

This is a basic thematic insight into certain aspects of fiction. I'm basically turning in my application to help DnD for awhile. Maybe a career. I could start my own series based off this, but I wanna know what you think first.

This has been answered in different angles and aspects. Your insight would help out here.

Overall, what are the general limitations to fiction? There are certain situations that don't normally happen in stories. I'm trying to get a quick list of things that don't happen. (Now a mid-range list)

-The hero/ine usually loses in the end.
-The secondary character's finishes off the main villian. Lives longer than the main hero.
-Any other characters have one greater trait than either the main character or villain that's used once.
-When traveling they actually die along the way or everyone makes it to the destination.
-A victor is determined early and a decisive action is prompt.
-The way things might happen as compared to real time.
-Having to justify plot holes in fiction compared to reality.
-Satisfying a fan base.
-Avoiding your common set-up.
-Finding an unpredictable ending.

To a level 30 mage yourself this isn't too life-changing. ;)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads