Fiend's Embrace - IC Thread

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Darkness iss coming over uss" Says the cloaked figure, as it moves some trail rations into the hood's darkness... Its other hand on the longbow.

Malvoisin

First Post
The party has set up camp, and gotten a small fire going. Now, as darkness sets in, everyone huddles near the blaze trying to keep warm in the cold night air. Some partake of the meat Harval had collected from the felldrakes earlier in the day, while some just stick to their rations.

Land Outcast said:
"Darkness iss coming over uss" Says the cloaked figure, as it moves some trail rations into the hood's darkness... Its other hand on the longbow.

Idivien's words prove to be more accurate than he knows....

[sblock=Spot Check: Idivien, Gunk]Idivien and Gunk see two dark, shadowy shapes, vaguely humanoid in form, emerge from the mists at the edge of the campsite. At first, they seem almost to be figments of the imagination, but there is no mistaking them to be real as they glide silently toward Harval and Gnro on the other side of the campfire.[/sblock]

shadow%2Dsmall.jpg

SURPRISE ROUND INITIATIVE

1.Idivien
2.Shadows
3.Gunk

Actions?

Code:
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | | |[b][color=seagreen]G[/b][/color]| | | | | | |[color=red]1[/color]| |
| | | | | | | | |[b][color=dimgray]I[/b][/color]|[color=orange]f[/color]|[color=sienna][b]H[/color][/b]| | | | | | |[color=red]2[/color]| |
| | | | | | | | |[color=yellowgreen][b]G[/b][/color]|[b]A[/b]| | | | | | | | | |

Rayex

First Post
Gnro - Lizardfolk Favoured Soul

Viping herself off after the nasty battle with the drakes, the small lizardwoman shakes her head and whisper a short prayer to Semuanya.

Nasty beasts. Nice friends, they helped me. That is new. I think I like these people.

As the evening comes closer, she draws her cloak tighter and is quite gratefull when the party decides to take camp. Sitting around the fire with the rest, she enjoys the hot, if somewhat tough, drakemeat.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Gunk watches the night somewhat fearfully, and his keen night vision picks out the wavering darkness even as Idivien shouts his warning.

[ooc: If the shadows approach within 35 feet, but are not both in melee, Gunk will cast a scorching ray (+3 range touch attack, 4d6 fire damage) at one.

If the shadows stay out of range, Gunk will move southeast 30'

If the shadows both close to melee range, Gunk will begin casting Summon Monster II, summoning the fiendish wolf]

Malvoisin

First Post
SURPRISE ROUND

Idivien rises up suddenly, shouting "Spectres!" as he launches an arrow at the living darkness. To his dismay, the arrow passes right through the figure's shadowy substance, not affecting it at all.

Undaunted, the pair of shadowy forms glides noiselessly over the cold earth, drawing right up to Harval and Gnro. The cold malevolence of these creatures is palpable as they hover near.

Gunk watches the night somewhat fearfully, and his keen night vision picks out the wavering darkness even as Idivien shouts his warning. As the shadows both close to within striking range, Gunk begins casting a spell, intoning the words that will summon a fiendish wolf.

(OOC: I'm not entirely clear on how it works to cast a full-round spell during a surprise round, but here's how I'm going to handle it. The wolf will appear at the beginning of Gunk's turn in round 1, and be able to act as directed. Gunk will then be restricted to only a move-equivalent action, for that round. Hafrogman, let me know where you want the wolf to appear.)

END SURPRISE ROUND

INITIATIVE ORDER ROUND 1

1.Aeligim
2.Gnro
3.Harval
4.Idivien
5.Shadows
6.Gunk/fiendish wolf

Actions?

Code:
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | |[b][color=seagreen]G[/color][/b]|[color=red]1[/color]| | | | | |
| | | | | | |[b][color=dimgray]I[/color][/b]|[color=orange]f[/color]|[b][color=sienna]H[/color][/b]|[color=red]2[/color]| | | | | |
| | | | | | |[color=yellowgreen][b]G[/b][/color]|[b]A[/b]| | | | | | | |

Voadam

Legend
"Darkspawn!" Aeligim spits a curse at the shadowy form gliding up to Harval and his shadow panther leaps into existence to flank the two fellow shadows. Instead of drawing his blade the elf draws a slim rune covered wand while invoking words of power. He touches the wand to the dwarf's axe, imbuing it with eldritch might. "Strike with the axe!"

ooc free action Hex will save DC 14 shadow 2, move action draw wand of magic weapon, standard action activate wand and cast spell on Harval's axe, free action send out the panther behind shadow 2 to inflict its cursing strikes on both shadows.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Gunk smiles to himself as a pair of glowing eyes form out of the darkness, soon surrounded by the rest of his newest ally. He calls out to the wolf, even as he draws his trusty wand from its holster.

"Strike them down!"

[ooc: sounds like a fair resolution to the summoning issue. MA: draw wand. The wolf will appear directly across from Gnro, flanking with her, and attack #1. If Gnro moves to prevent this, he will try and flank one of the shadows with somebody.

Wolf: attack +7 (with flanking) 1d6+3 20/x2]

Remove ads