• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Fiery Dragon] Counter Collection and BattleBox 4e now available

Festivus

First Post
Mine came the other day. I'll be toting the box up to the FLGS on Tuesday night to show them to the owner (and folks playing that night). I really like the whole set, and it doesn't take much room. I'll be baggie-fying mine as I find time, was leaving them intact until after I demo them at the store.

The only thing I would have liked to have seen included was more stand up indicators for things like ongoing damage, perhaps done as blank ones with a dry erase area where you could free form write your own? There seemed to be sufficient material to do it but no lines drawn to make it so... and I am unsure if I can write with dry erase on that or not, I'll test that tonight.

Klaus

First Post
Thanks for the kind words and feedback.

I'm currently working on Counter Collection Heroic 2 (thanks the internet for previews). Thought you guys might like to know.

I've changed my storage method. I bought one of those transparent boxes full of compartments (I believe they call it "organizers") and I've separated the Heroic counters alphabetically (two letters per compartment, with dragons, dragonborn, dragonspawn and drakes in their own compartment). I also have three smaller boxes, and I'm using one to hold all undead, another is split between goblinoids and kobolds and the third is holding all BattleBox tokens and condition markers.

RobertDG

First Post
Is there a mailing list where I can find out when the Paragon and Epic counter collections will be available?

I've used the Counter collection and Battle box for a few games now, and am quite pleased. Here is what I use for storing the counters:

The Container Store > 8-1/4" x 4-1/2" Compartment Boxes (item # 312080)

Two of these will hold all of the 1" counters, with enough room for you to pick them out of each segmented compartment, but without enough room for them to tumble around. Not for people with large fingers, but very nice for not having to sift through hundreds of counters in a box or bag. I've got the bloodied side with the name of each monster showing on the top edge showing so that I can just flip through them to find the right monsters quickly. They're in alphabetic order, or as listed in the monster manual if the race/sub-race listing is slightly different.

I just rubber-banded the larger counters and store them in the original boxes.

Any chance you could produce some "dead" tokens to place on top of creatures that have been felled? I ask because it's more fun to see the battle-field littered with corpses after/during a battle, but I can't leave the bloodied side of the tokens laying around. I have been just removing the tokens when the creatures are killed, but that's not as visually interesting, and I don't want to mark the pre-printed maps I'm using from purchased modules.

Thanks again for a great product! I can't imagine the expense of getting 3-d figs for all of the goblins and zombies I plan on throwing at my players.

Any plans on creating larger "room" tiles (like the Dungeon Tiles sets that Wizards puts out)? Generic rooms, buildings & wilderness + dungeon dressings would be awesome!

AZ_ST

First Post
I'm using an ArtBin storage box for my Heroic Counter Collection and Battlebox.
ArtBin Super Satchel Series
The Heroic counters fill up about half of the top divided section, including all the large and huge counters. There should be enough room for Paragon (medium) counters in the top and Epic (medium) counters in one of the side containers. Currently they are divided up by level, though I've been thinking of going alphabetical for more efficient space utilization. Some levels don't fill up an entire bin and tend to scatter about if not careful.

All the PC and effects counters fit perfectly in the other side container. In the bottom I keep my dungeon tiles, the Battlebox 'box' and it contents and various odds and ends. I'll probably have to reclaim and divide up the bottom for the large and huge counters once the Paragon and Epic sets are released. There is a version of the box with a divided top and divided bottom that might work well too.

JoAnn Fabrics carries the boxes and frequently has them on sale. I got mine for $20.

Klaus

First Post
Is there a mailing list where I can find out when the Paragon and Epic counter collections will be available?

I've used the Counter collection and Battle box for a few games now, and am quite pleased. Here is what I use for storing the counters:

The Container Store > 8-1/4" x 4-1/2" Compartment Boxes (item # 312080)

Two of these will hold all of the 1" counters, with enough room for you to pick them out of each segmented compartment, but without enough room for them to tumble around. Not for people with large fingers, but very nice for not having to sift through hundreds of counters in a box or bag. I've got the bloodied side with the name of each monster showing on the top edge showing so that I can just flip through them to find the right monsters quickly. They're in alphabetic order, or as listed in the monster manual if the race/sub-race listing is slightly different.

I just rubber-banded the larger counters and store them in the original boxes.

Any chance you could produce some "dead" tokens to place on top of creatures that have been felled? I ask because it's more fun to see the battle-field littered with corpses after/during a battle, but I can't leave the bloodied side of the tokens laying around. I have been just removing the tokens when the creatures are killed, but that's not as visually interesting, and I don't want to mark the pre-printed maps I'm using from purchased modules.

Thanks again for a great product! I can't imagine the expense of getting 3-d figs for all of the goblins and zombies I plan on throwing at my players.

Any plans on creating larger "room" tiles (like the Dungeon Tiles sets that Wizards puts out)? Generic rooms, buildings & wilderness + dungeon dressings would be awesome!
When Paragon and Epic become available, I'll post a new thread on this forum.

For "dead" tokens, you can probably just use the "Failed Death Save" token from the BattleBox, or maybe place one of the black plastic bases on the counter. But if the opportunity comes, I'll think of it.

As for larger terrain, we now have a Gargantuan-sized template, so if we can come up with good 4x4 dungeon dressings, they'll be made. The important thing about these dungeon dressings is that they have to be versatile, modular, and work well with other Dungeon Tiles available of the market.

If anyone would like to see a terrain-only counter collection, e-mail the fine folks at Fiery Dragon and tell them that.

Klaus

First Post
Yes. But I must say, the Primal classes aren't visually as distinct to warrant one counter per class. More likely two "primal" counters for each race/gender would suffice.

Evil-B

First Post
Nice catch! Ordered my eagerly-awaited counter bundle...;)

The paypal receipt was a little strange, though...suggests all three packs were ordered, even though the price (and the link I clicked through) was for the Paragon/Epic bundle. Also, only the Paragon pack is available for sale on it's own.

*shrug* I'm sure it's fine, though...I've yet to have any problems ordering from FDP. I can't wait!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads