• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Fifth Age: A hard science fiction 5e conversion

Capn Charlie

Explorer
That is a good take on it, honestly I wrote fortunate one as more of a joke than anything, and just went with the theme, but I should rejigger it thematically so it is less jarring alongside the other classes. I considered an archetype that gains any level 1 ability set at one level, and another level 4 ability set as its capstone, even from different classes.

I might reclass fortunate one as "Survivor" and focus on that angle, and make another "plucky" specialization.

Kabouter Games

Explorer
Cap'n Charlie, I want you to know that I'm totally in love with this and want to play it All. The. Time. When my 5e D&D campaign peters out, like they all do, I shall suggest it to the players. It'll be totally rad.

Cheers,

Bob

www.r-p-davis.com

Capn Charlie

Explorer
Cap'n Charlie, I want you to know that I'm totally in love with this and want to play it All. The. Time. When my 5e D&D campaign peters out, like they all do, I shall suggest it to the players. It'll be totally rad.

Cheers,

Bob

www.r-p-davis.com

Thanks, it is a passion of mine as well (obviously)! Let me know how your experiences work out, or if you ever need help with anything. I sometimes run into people not understanding exactly what I mean in certain sections, as I forget that since I wrote it, it might not all be quite as obvious to everyone else.

Capn Charlie

Explorer
Also, have you seen this? Might be something to think about.

It looks neat. There was another one back around december that looked pretty good too. For me it comes down to not wanting to cross contaminate my project at the moment. If I read their book and get something awesome out of it, will it work its way into mine? This is what concerns me. It's why I didn't get the schlock mercenary rpg. That, and so far fifth age is satisfying all my needs for a sci-fi rpg.

Honestly, if you got someone to do unique art, you could probably release this on the DM's Guild.

Alas, art is the one thing I can't do, and I have never found any good artists to partner with. I would love to make a real project out of this, but the art is the hurdle I just can't quite leap over. I could strip it all and go boring, but it just looks so pretty the way it is. I'd rather have a nice looking and popular fan project than a failed business project.

I have considered scavenging open source and art pack arts for enough to illustrate a few adventures and throw those up there. Not for the money (dmsguild is awful about actually getting you paid) but just for the visibility.

Kabouter Games

Explorer
It looks neat. There was another one back around december that looked pretty good too. For me it comes down to not wanting to cross contaminate my project at the moment. If I read their book and get something awesome out of it, will it work its way into mine? This is what concerns me. It's why I didn't get the schlock mercenary rpg. That, and so far fifth age is satisfying all my needs for a sci-fi rpg.

You misunderstand me. I mean get the funding to release your work in exactly the same way. ;)

Cheers,

Bob

Mortilupo

Explorer
I would suggest going to either a fantasy or Sci fi con, plenty of artists there. I have one tiny thing about something sais in one of descriptions. Radiation i.e. radioactive ionized particles move at the speed of light, all particles do. The only question I have was why does all the class levels stop at 10th instead of 20th?

Remove ads