• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighter combat challange

Bayuer

First Post
I have a little problem with that figther trait.
When someone is marked by me and hi shifts or make attack on someone else than me i can make an basic malee attack as a intemidiate interrupt. My question is simple. Is this like Opportunity Attack? Can I use my Combat Superiority feature with this attack and stop moving or add bonus to this attack?

Telperion

First Post
When someone is marked by me and hi shifts or make attack on someone else than me i can make an basic malee attack as a intemidiate interrupt. My question is simple. Is this like Opportunity Attack? Can I use my Combat Superiority feature with this attack and stop moving or add bonus to this attack?

It is an Immediate Interrupt, which is not triggered like an Opportunity Attack. Thus, the two don't stack.

No. It's an immediate interrupt. Your Opportunity Attack related powers do not apply.

OAs and immediate action are two different things. They are only similar in that you can take them when it is not your turn.

Shabe

First Post
No its not an opportunity attack, its an immediate interrupt (only allowed one immediate action per turn).

Last edited:

Valiantheart

First Post
I had the exact same question as this guy and looked for many many minutes. It seems fighters would be the best bet to take out a rogue or ranger class in melee.

Does the new forum have a search button anywhere? I spent considerable time looking for one with no luck.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Does the new forum have a search button anywhere? I spent considerable time looking for one with no luck.

Search is a "community supporters only" option. For someone with a Comm. Supp. account, it's in that menu at the top (the one with "My Account", "Register", "Blogs", "FAQ", etc.

With regard to the Fighter Combat Challenge question, I remember someone here noting that if the combat challenge was an op attack, then there are some synergies that would make it overbearingly powerful, hence the reason why the designers made sure it WASN'T the same thing.

Remove ads