• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighter/Mage/Boba Fett, advice welcome

IcyCool

First Post
quaidbrown said:
Yes, but if I'm making them myself, it is cheaper... a +1 spell storing mace is only 4k I think (spell storing is +1 equivalent), I think this halves if I make it myself?

Yes, but you need to be a 12th level caster in order to add the spell storing ability to a weapon (See the prerequisites in the ability description in the DMG). That, and 8 of these things will still cost you 32,000gp if you make them yourself.

Could be fun though.

quaidbrown

First Post
Ya, I was looking at the Artificer just now. They are certainly what I have in mind... I'll have to check the Eberron book later on to see what their spell list looks like.

I'm more concerned about having an interesting character to play with some unusual options than I am about being super uber magical fighter man.

quaidbrown

First Post
Ya, I am noticing all kinds of pre-reqs on these abilities that make it really hard to both make the item and use it effectively yourself. Stupid balance!

I could at least make the base magical weapon myself and have the other abilities added by someone else.

szilard

First Post
Go Wizard 1/Duskblade X.

You'll get access to the Wizard spell list for wand purposes, and your BAB and such will be better than it would be with a 5-level Wizard dip.

-Stuart

Malum

First Post
I think it's back to the drawing board for you and this pc concept. Not only is it not possible at the level you gave but it doesnt even fit the bounty hunter type of build. From what I've seen this build would be a horrible bounty hunter, I say this because I just don't see how on any plane he would be good enough to catch a Rogue half your level.

Malum

szilard

First Post
Other ways to build a bounty hunter with a lot of tricky items and wands:

1) As a Warlock or Spellthief with a lot of Use Magic Device and some item creation feats.

2) As a Beguiler with a lot of UMD. (This concept would make good use of the Whelm-type spells.)

3) Duskblade or Hexblade.

Also look at the Bloodhound and Justiciar prestige classes.

-Stuart

Cartigan Mrryl

First Post
Just a thought: If you are going to use two light maces, you might want to get the "Lightning Maces" Fighting Style feat, unless I'm mistaken it gives you an extra attack with your primary mace if you strike with both maces, at no penalty..? I dunno, it's in the Complete Warrior (A book I don't often paruse) So I'm not too keen on the overall feat... I just say it once and thought it was cool.

"Spinning Halberd" is still cooler though. :p

Question

First Post
This concept wont work. You cant have decent BAB, rogue skills for tracking down prey and good enough(level 1-3) wiz spells to buff yourself, at level 6.

Remove ads