• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighter/Rogue PrC

shadowcaster007

First Post
I am playing a 6th level Elven Rogue. She will be multi-classing with fighter. She is deadly with her MC shortbow.
Are there any PrC's that would compliment her rogue qualities but still be able to let her lay the smack down?

Mr Fidgit

First Post
you could do deepwood sniper after 2 levels of fighter, if you take weapon focus in your preferred bow and then far shot as your fighter feats (and have 4 ranks in hide, move silent and spot)

if you wanted good melee abilities (to complement your ranged prowess) you could take take dodge and mobility at fighter lvls 1 & 2 and take ambidexterity at 9th level to then take levels in duelist

it would take alot more time (in feats or in skills) to qualify for Order of the Bow Initate, Peerless Archer or Scout

your best bet is probably the sniper

Chun-tzu

First Post
boothbey said:
Order of the Bow
Deepwood Sniper

only two I can think of...

I agree, these two PrCs are probably your best bet, Shadowcaster. They both focus on laying the smackdown with a bow, but they complement different Rogue abilities.

You need 4 more levels of Fighter to qualify for Bow Initiate. But it will complement your ranged sneak attacks. Your skills will continue to suck, but looking at it from another angle, the skills you picked up as a Rogue will be a nice boost to the normally poorly skilled Bow Initiate.

If you take Weapon Focus with your bow as your Fighter bonus feat, then you can qualify for Deepwood Sniper at your next level (assuming you've got 4 ranks in Hide, Move Silently, and Spot, and seeing as you're a 6th level Elven archer Rogue, I'd have to ask what you were thinking if you don't meet those already). The Sniper will let you continue to progress in a number of valuable Rogue skills, but you lose any sneak attack progression.

By the way, you can't take Mobility at your next level. It has Dodge as a prerequisite.

Chun-tzu

First Post
The Peerless Archer is from the Silver Marches, the Forgotten Realms 3E regional book. I don't know which Scout Mr. Fidgit is referring to, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads