• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighting with 2 one-handed weapons

feydras

First Post
ADVANCED TWO-WEAPON FIGHTING [GENERAL]
You can fight with fluidly with a larger weapon in your off hand.
Prerequisite: Str 13, Dex 15, Two-Weapon Fighting
Benefit: When weilding a one-handed weapon in each hand you are not penalized for the additional size of the off hand weapon. Your attack roll penalty is calculated as if the off hand weapon was light. For all other purposes both weapons are considered one-handed weapons.
Normal: When weilding a second weapon in your off hand and utilizing Two-Weapon Fighting the penalty is -4 to each attack unless the off hand weapon is light, in which case it is -2 to each attack.
Special: A fighter may select Two-Weapon Fighting as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Does anyone see any balance problems with this feat? This is my first feat write up, i usually just steal them from other sources. So it is not very clean. I am sure this feat has been written up and debated by someone somewhere, if so, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

- feydras

Noldor Elf

First Post
feydras said:
ADVANCED TWO-WEAPON FIGHTING [GENERAL]
You can fight with fluidly with a larger weapon in your off hand.
Prerequisite: Str 13, Dex 15, Two-Weapon Fighting
Benefit: When weilding a one-handed weapon in each hand you are not penalized for the additional size of the off hand weapon. Your attack roll penalty is calculated as if the off hand weapon was light. For all other purposes both weapons are considered one-handed weapons.
Normal: When weilding a second weapon in your off hand and utilizing Two-Weapon Fighting the penalty is -4 to each attack unless the off hand weapon is light, in which case it is -2 to each attack.
Special: A fighter may select Two-Weapon Fighting as one of his fighter bonus feats.

There is feat in Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed called "Massive Two Weapon fighting", which does exactly what your feat is trying to do. It has following prerequisites: Two-Weapon Fighting, Strenght 17+, base attack bonus +7 or higher.

Of course in AU it is possible to fight with two weapong without any penalty, so prerequisities could be lowered for normal D&D campaing. But I would suggest either BAB +4 or STR 17+ at minimum.

Rashak Mani

First Post
TWF is already a bit behind power wise to THF.. so I don't feel using another feat will unbalance much.

Considering that the PC will be doing d8 instead of d6 damage... that's in average only +1 hp damage on his offhand attack. Nothing great.

Only if he uses 2 longswords and has multiple Wpn Focus, Spec, Greater Focus in longswords might this become a nasty combo. Anyway Drizzt uses 2 scimitars... why not let others. :)

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Compare to EWP:doublesword. This is my feat:

Paired-Weapon Fighting
Prereq: TWF, BAB +1

Select 2 1-handed weapons you are proficient with. You may wield these weapons as if one was light for the purposes of TWF

Remove ads