• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Figurine of Wonder / Daily item Q's.

burntgerbil

Explorer
Hi gang - I need to reach a consensus about something that happened tonight. We found and id'ed a Jade Macetail. I used it in an encounter to block a passage to prevent enemies from following us. After the encounter was over, we retreated and (extended) rested. I used the jade macetail to block a doorway while we were resting (since he still had 6 or 7 hours remaining).

Here's the question : How soon can he be summoned again ?

If he is summoned before an extended rest, but his duration continues throughout a portion of it, can he be resummoned as soon as the extended rest is over ?

burntgerbil

Explorer
One argument was that it needed 24 hours to "cool down". I haven't found a spot in the rules that supports that idea.

The rules don't seem to look for durations of effects, only when the action to bring them into effect was used.

To me, as long as the item's action to invoke its daily power was used before the extended rest, any daily item's use is immediately available again upon the successful conclusion of that rest.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Agreed with AbdulAlhazred. Moreover, even if the duration continued past the extended rest, I'd say the daily power recharged. I don't think there's a rule prohibiting that, is there? There might be one, however, that says you cannot keep powers active during a rest, but that might not apply universally.

Remove ads