File Upload Missing Again

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just checked. All the files are missing again from the files I uploaded, so I couldn't check about deleting the old ones, but I am at least able to re-upload without worry about having the old ones up now.

So, I suppose it works properly now? In a round-about way. XD

I completely didn't understand that! So it's all working now?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just found my forum (ForgedAnvil’s D&D 5E Character Generator v2.00 FAQ / Instructions for Use) for my Dowloads post in Character sheets in the Creature Catalogue Section. Bogus. Should be in Homebrew: character Sheets

Could you rephrase, please? I can try to rectify it, but I need to be clear what the issue is.

flwad

Explorer
Could you rephrase, please? I can try to rectify it, but I need to be clear what the issue is.
I posted in
Downloads
Character Sheets
D&D 5th Edition Character Sheets

The generated forum ended up in
Forum
General Tabletop Gaming Discussion
Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, and OSR Gaming
Creature Catalog Forums
ForgedAnvil’s D&D 5E Character Generator v2.00 FAQ / Instructions for Use

I would think it should have ended up in the same category as its referenced thread:
Forum
D&D 5th Edition News, Rules, Homebrews, and House Rules
ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

If this is still not clear, please advise.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I posted in
Downloads
Character Sheets
D&D 5th Edition Character Sheets

The generated forum ended up in
Forum
Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, and OSR Gaming
Creature Catalog Forums
ForgedAnvil’s D&D 5E Character Generator v2.00 FAQ / Instructions for Use

I would think it should have ended up in the same category as its referenced thread:
Forum
D&D 5th Edition News, Rules, Homebrews, and House Rules
ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

If this is still not clear, please advise.

Oh, I see. OK, I've moved it to the correct place. Seems some of the settings got reset in the backup and all new uploads were posting in the CC forum.

As an aside, though, would it not make more sense to put the instructions PDF in the same download entry as the actual character sheet? You can add multiple files to one download entry.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]

Not sure if this is related, but it seems as though a file I uploaded yesterday has somehow been restricted.

This is the post that was auto-generated:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?488923-Automated-Initiative-Tracker

And this is the page where the download is located:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1339

When I navigate to the latter page it reads:

Yikes. I get the same error. I have no clue what's going on there. Did that happen immediately, or after a while? What category was it in?

Fanaelialae

Legend
Yikes. I get the same error. I have no clue what's going on there. Did that happen immediately, or after a while? What category was it in?

I uploaded it to D&D 5th Edition Fan Creations.

When I first uploaded it, everything seemed to be in order. Then when I tried to reload that page the next day, it showed the message above.

Citan Uzuki

Explorer
I completely didn't understand that! So it's all working now?

Basically, the system apparently made the downloadable files disappear completely from the pages I was going to update. So I just uploaded the new files, and it works just fine. I even had to update twice due to an error on my part for one of them, and I was able to delete and re-upload just fine as well.

So, yes, in the end, works fine. :D

Remove ads