Final Kickstarter page review request

I'm curious why. Is it because they worry that there may be extra bank charges, they don't know how to find out the exchange rate, or that their bank might not be able to pay in a foreign currency, or something else?

Russ, I have seen other British Kickstarters with pound values, and approximate dollar values in parentheses. I would recommend rounding those up slightly to account for any possible currency swings over the month (I'm sure nobody minds being charged less than the estimate).

I only mentioned this because I read from another failed Kickstarter that not doing it in American dollars was one of the (many) factors that caused them to fail. When it comes to Kickstarters, no factor is too small!

Also, congrats on the success!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hopefully the explanatory text helps. I don't think it's that much of a problem - most people are perfectly capable of processing it without even skipping a beat. I've seen plenty of very successful Kickstaerers from UK companies using £.

With luck, some of those put off by that will see others doing it and realise it's not a big deal at all. Maybe they'll come around! But I don't think it's proving to be a major issue.

nerfherder

Explorer
I only mentioned this because I read from another failed Kickstarter that not doing it in American dollars was one of the (many) factors that caused them to fail.
No worries, I was just curious :)

Hopefully the explanatory text helps. I don't think it's that much of a problem - most people are perfectly capable of processing it without even skipping a beat. I've seen plenty of very successful Kickstaerers from UK companies using £.

With luck, some of those put off by that will see others doing it and realise it's not a big deal at all. Maybe they'll come around! But I don't think it's proving to be a major issue.
Congratulations on funding so quickly. I'm not currently looking for Yet Another Game, but I'll certainly pledge for PDF.

dekrass

Explorer
Apparently some US banks don't process transactions overseas at all. I'm backing the project as soon as I get a debit card from my new bank.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Apparently some US banks don't process transactions overseas at all. I'm backing the project as soon as I get a debit card from my new bank.

That's odd - it's actually a transaction with Amazon so should theoretically be local. Maybe that's not how it works.

Last edited:

pedr

Explorer
That's odd - it's actually a transaction with Amazon so should theoretically be local. Maybe that's not how it works.

I'm not sure non-US Kickstarter has anything to do with Amazon. I think they've built their own payment handling system for UK and Canadian projects (you have to type your credit card number into a Kickstarter-branded page to back the project, rather than being sent to Amazon)

Remove ads