• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Final Rise of the Runelords Soundset Now Available

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I thought Syrinscape was a soundtrack app. I was invited to try it out, and it turns out I was wrong. It's not a soundtrack app, it's a sound effects app. It allows you to grab a bunch of sounds to run in the background (clinking glasses; distant howls; fireplace; lute music) and set them going to create ambience for a given scene. There are battle sounds, monster sounds, environmental sounds, weather sounds, and so on. Anyhow, that's the basic explanation out of the way -- as you may know, Syrinscape also does official sound packs for Paizo's adventure paths, and the final Rise of the Runelords set was just released.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I thought Syrinscape was a soundtrack app. I was invited to try it out, and it turns out I was wrong. It's not a soundtrack app, it's a sound effects app. It allows you to grab a bunch of sounds to run in the background (clinking glasses; distant howls; fireplace; lute music) and set them going to create ambience for a given scene. There are battle sounds, monster sounds, environmental sounds, weather sounds, and so on. Anyhow, that's the basic explanation out of the way -- as you may know, Syrinscape also does official sound packs for Paizo's adventure paths, and the final Rise of the Runelords set was just released.

This sound set contains, amongst other things, an enormous and very angry Blue Dragon, the weirdness of Leng Spiders, a stampede of Aurochs, the Wendigo, an inhumanely tall tower, a semi-plain of fire, and a huge animated chain.

You can grab the Syrinscape player for free, and you get a couple of fantasy soundset packages before you decide to shell out for more. It works on PC, Mac, Android, and iPad.

COMPLETE PATHFINDER: RISE OF THE RUNELORDS SOUNDPACK NOW AVAILABLE FROM SYRINSCAPE

Final Chapter, Spires of Xin-Shalast, Releases Today, Along with New All-in-One Sound Package for the Award-Winning Adventure Path, and New Free 30-Day Trial Offer

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (April 23, 2015) – Syrinscape, developer of the app that creates custom, movie-like soundscapes for the tabletop gaming experience, announces today the release of the Spires of Xin-Shalast SoundPack, the final chapter in the wildly popular Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

Having steeped their weapons in the ancient magic of Thassilon, the PCs in Pathfinder RPG Adventure Path: Spires of Xin-Shalast, are finally ready to confront the newly risen Runelord Karzoug at the seat of his power. To do so, they must travel high into the mountains, to the fabled city of Xin-Shalast, where they will be confronted by enormous giants, dragons, and other monsters before they can finally confront the mad wizard of greed in his mountaintop palace. With the Spires of Xin-Shalast SoundPackfrom Syrinscape, players will experience this epic confrontation like never before, as the entire campaign comes to life with hand-crafted, custom soundscapes, effects, music, and beastly cacophony.

The Spires of Xin-Shalast SoundPack from Syrinscape provides the complete soundscape for the adventure, including:

An enormous and very angry Blue Dragon
The weirdness of Leng Spiders
A stampede of Aurochs
The Wendigo
An inhumanely tall tower
A semi-plain of fire
A huge animated chain
And much, much more!

With the release of the final SoundPack for Rise of the Runelords, Syrinscape also announces today the launch of a brand new way to purchase the Adventure Path SoundPacks – as an all-in-one sound package of adventure. This offering includes all 6 of the SoundPacks created for Rise of the Runelords, bundled together for $89.99, a 5% discount off cover price. Syrinscape’s SoundPacks for Pathfinder can also be purchased individually for $15.99 each, or as part of Syrinscape’s Pathfinder SoundPack Ongoing Subscription for $6.50/month for the largest savings discount. The ongoing subscription includes access to Syrinscape’s entire library of Fantasy SoundSets, and all of the Pathfinder SoundPacks released to date and in the future. First-time users also now have the option of taking advantage of Syrinscape’s Free 30-Day Trial Offer.

The Syrinscape player is free to download and includes two free Fantasy SoundSets, with sounds such as Bugbear Battle, Witchwood, Flooded Cavern, Elven Vale, Lair of the Siren, and dozens more. Syrinscape is compatible with a wide range of devices, including PC, Mac, Android Tablets, and iPads. For more information, the free download, or to subscribe, visit syrinscape.com.

sy_city.jpg

Talley Darkstar

First Post
I might start a RotR campaign soon. Is this really worth 90 bucks?
I'd go with the bi-monthly rate. Yeah, $90 is bit much, but, doing the monthly service for Sci-Fi and/or Fantasy player is a better deal. Who knows what game I'll be GMing next so for the $20 ever two months is far more manageable than $90 for just a bundled set. But as for worth it, Syrinscape is worth my $20.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I reckon it's certainly worth at least downloading and trying with the free soundsets, then deciding if it's worth it to you to spend a little or a lot on more sounds.

Grainger

Explorer
I've had good value out of it in my games. I don't use it for Pathfinder adventure paths, so I don't go through the sound-sets end-to-end, but rather I create my own sound environments by combining the existing sound elements; this takes a bit of prep work, but it's very easy to use during the session. It's not an essential, but it has been a very good addition to my games.

Also, the Fantasy subscription is actually $12.99 every two months; it's only $20 if you want the Sci-Fi sounds too, or if you want the ability to import and mix in your own sounds.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
After seeing Syrinscape on Enworld, I downloaded the app for my iPad and when I sent to download the 2 free sets, I was getting an error message. I sent the support e-mail a quick question and in less an 20 minutes I had my answer (hit done after you into your e-mail, then done again after entering your e-mail). I did the $20 every 2 months subscription for now and I can see using these during the session. I'm really looking forward to using these with Tabletop Connect at some point in the future when I can use sound triggers. As a player moves a mini across the trigger, a sound plays...creaking floor, scream etc. Good stuff!!

Talley Darkstar

First Post
Unfortunately not integrated like Soundcloud. I asked Benjamin Loomis and he was tight lipped about everything. So who knows what will happen in the future!

Remove ads

Remove ads