• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Finally, I get to play!

Furtive Noise

First Post
I've been lurking on these boards since 3ed came out, but other than an aborted campaign over a year ago I had yet to really play the new edition. Recently I finally got enough interested people together and played a game. It wasn't perfect, and DMing for the first time I naturally had a few stumbles, but still - the drought has ended!

The way the hours fly by until its late at night, seeing wounded heroes triumph, it all came back to me, all the reasons we play this game. On these boards I see people bicker back and forth about various issues, but little things seem unimportant when you can't take playing the game for granted.

Anyway, I just felt like getting that out, hell maybe now I'll actually post once in awhile. So- how long has anyone here been deprived of a game? Anyone currently out of one, just wistfully checking out story hours online?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
:) Welcome! :)

I can almost guarentee you that you will wind up being offered the chance to play in at least two other groups within the next month. It's just like when you've gone without... I've said too much already... :D

(Excellent choice of names, btw...)

KnowTheToe

First Post
I had gone years without gaming and was very glad to get together with a new group. To me it does not matter what the game, it is getting together with a group of people and having fun. Rules lawyers, god love-em cause somebody has to, but I just don't understand the sigle minedness and focus that many of them have on mechanics.

Good to hear you have a chance to play.

Neo

Explorer
Well i'm 29 this June, and started RP'ing AD&D when i was 7, and in the 22 years between then i'm glad to say the longest time i have not roleplayed for is about a month... i consider myself very fortunate ;)

bwgwl

First Post
i DMed a 3e campaign back when it first came out for a while, but then i had to move. i went over 9 months before finding a new group out here, and since they already have a DM, i finally get to play!

i was hoping to finally get a chance to play this great game instead of having to DM again. i like DMing, but sometimes you want to be the hero!

Avarice

First Post
Congratulations, FN! I know exactly what you mean. The only time I get to play anymore is when I get together with the old friends from college... maybe three or four times a year, schedules (and spouses) permitting. So enjoy DMing that game, and while you're at it, kill a few munchkin PCs for me! ;)

I haven't played in about a year. And before that I'd not played for a year again ... About once a year a few friends of mine get very bored on a weekend when we're broke and have nothing to do and somebody says: "We should play D&D." and they expect me to have everything on hand and ready to roll.

Sad thing is, I do.

I never get to play, but every couple days I get a random creative urge and tinker around with a few things. In notebooks and scraps of paper I have the majority of work done on several different settings in several different genres of game, along with mechanics for a game system and conversions and home rules for half a dozen systems I've never even actually played. Several games I own I've only played free-form with friends on the internet.

I'm a very odd gamer geek. I had a half hour conversation with a friend and some guy I don't know that she games with and I knew more about 3rd Ed than they do and they game once a week. I just haven't had time to play and I prefer, overall, to DM. As we speak the main reason I'm tinkering around on this site and these boards is waiting for information on D20 Modern to see if it will plug in to a Sci_Fi game setting I've been working on off and on for the last two years.

As it is I'm working on converting Alternity to D20 and porting over the Damage/Armor system from it (as opposed to SWD20) to work within the parameters of D20's resolution system. I'll probably have it perfected about the same time D20Modern comes out and has a decent ablative armor system that works even better and is in a nice handy hard-bound volume.

And I'll but it and not get to use it, ever.

-- Keeper of the Heap

Harlock

First Post
Well, I sarted playing AD&D 1st ed when I was 8. I am 28 now. The longest I went without a game was from my sophomore year in High School till I was in college. I thought I was too grown up for a game so I stupidly quit. Fortunately I kept all my stuff and when I met a few people who played, they convinced me to start again. Once i started, I found out how much I really missed it. I hope you're able to continue playing for a long time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads