• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Finally started!

klofft

Explorer
I've only been playing 4e for about 8 months, and primarily that has been running 2 campaigns:

a skype campaign with a single player running 5 characters and
a game with my 6-year old who is also running 5 characters

Thus, I've been able to get at the mechanical fun of 4e, but haven't had much of the role-playing (or, honestly, the increased speed of multiple players with intimate knowledge of their one character).

But just last night, my Friday night group began Scales of War. 5 players, 5 characters, with plenty of role-playing before the goblins attacked! And we have a stable enough group that it is likely that we will be able to get through it all. I'm psyched!

Just wanted to share my 4e joy!

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
Kudos, dude! My last group got two or three adventures into SoW.

I'm in a transition period this summer, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to find a new group. :(

Octangula

First Post
I joined a group going through Scales of War at level 5, half way through Heroic tier (2 of the players left to join another game). I haven't had any other 4e experience, though (or any RPG experience in the last few years), so I'm not sure I can compare it to anything; but so far, it's been really enjoyable, with a decent amount of role-playing (which is the hardest part for me). I don't know if I'd be enjoying it as much if it didn't have that, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads