• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Find a game" broken

Callahan09

Explorer
I just wanted to share that I was also having trouble using this feature.

The message I've gotten is: "Could not determine latitude and logitude for specified address.".

I have tried a number of entries, but only one browser on one machine (Chrome
Version 26.0.1410.43 m [up to date as of this moment] on Windows 7, 32-bit).

Entries I have tried include all arrangements of:

City: [Blank], Montclair
State/Province: [Blank], NJ, New Jersey
Zip / Postal Code: [Blank], 07042
Country: [Blank], USA, United States, Unites States of America
Within: 20, 50

All variations yielded the same error message.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So, Robert's tried something. Might have fixed your issues - wanna give it a shot and see?

Callahan09

Explorer
It appears to be fixed for me! Thanks for your attention on the issue, Morrus and Farcaster. Tried a number of different variants of my search and they all came back with results this time.

Now, if I'm missing something, is it possible to filter the results by games interested in? Or any of the other fields that return with the results, for that matter? It would just be a bit easier to find people interested in playing what I'm interested in that way, rather than scanning each row for what I want to see.

Lalato

Adventurer
Every time I search, I get thousands of results that are not valid for my area. It looks like if it can't figure out the location, it will just dump those people onto the map somewhere, whether they belong or not.

I don't know about you, but I would rather only see the ones that are certainly in my area instead of sifting through hundreds or thousands of records that are not in my area.

Here's the post I made about this a couple of months ago...
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?334850-GSG-Why-so-many-in-Vallejo-CA

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don't know about you, but I would rather only see the ones that are certainly in my area instead of sifting through hundreds or thousands of records that are not in my area.

You would? Damn, if only I'd known! :)

(We're aware of that issue - same as the Rome issue - and are trying to figure it out).

Lalato

Adventurer
True Story... I've moved around quite a bit since I started playing D&D again in 2001 or so. Every gaming group that I've belonged to since that time was in some way facilitated by ENWorld. From Florida, to Illinois to Utah... and next to California. Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads