• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fire Seeds and Sunbeam

Vraister

First Post
I have a couple of questions about the two spells:

1) Can you throw a fire seed in the same round you cast the spell or do you need a separate standard action?
2) If you let more than one holy berry explode at one time, does it count as one source for purpose of energy resistance?
3) Can you shot a sunbeam with the casting of the spell?

We are playing 3.0 but if there are no written rules in 3.0 but in 3.5 please share them as well.

Thanks
Vraister

Diirk

First Post
Disclaimer: 3.5 edition comments, as I don't have 3.0

1) No, the casting of the spell simply imbues the acorns. Throwing them takes an attack or a full attack action. I'd assume thats why the duration is so long ;)
2) No, multiple sources
3) No. It takes a standard action. Compare it to the wording of 'Call Lightning' where it specifically states you get a free one upon casting of the spell.

As a side note, handing out acorns to others in your party allows for an impressive opening salvo ;)

Dark Dragon

Explorer
Diirk said:
Disclaimer: 3.5 edition comments, as I don't have 3.0

3) No. It takes a standard action. Compare it to the wording of 'Call Lightning' where it specifically states you get a free one upon casting of the spell.

Arr, that's too bad...*checks SRD 3.5* yeah, it states that you need a standard action to evoke a beam. *Sigh*, I have to remember that when my druid wants to pulverize some undead :heh:

Remove ads