• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Firefox - editor no longer working on new tab/window

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I've got an odd bug. My normal way of responding to a long thread that I'm still reading is to open the "Reply with Quote" in a new tab, so I can reply but not lose my place. Starting today (Sat 7/28) that isn't working. It was working yesterday. It loaded the page as normal, flashed the quoted text very briefly, and then the body went blank and I couldn't select it. I could still type in the Title field, but even if I hit tab to go to the next field (the editor window) it wouldn't let me type. I could hit tab more and get to the next fields without problem.

More experimentation seemed that almost anything that opened the editor in a new tab was not working. Reply, Reply with Quote, Post New Thread, and Edit my Post. Reply and Reply with Quote worked when not opening them in a new table. The only time this wasn't true was a Reply with Quote without going to a new tab that I then hit the Advanced and it came up.

I just logged in with Chrome and was able to Post New Thread (this one), so it looks like it may just be Firefox. I restarted Firefox and had the same results as before with it.

Anyone else experiencing this or seen it before?

I am using NoScript on Firefox, but all of the options that ENworld comes up with have been permanently allowed a while ago.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
And everything now works today. No reboot or anything since it stopped working.

If no one else had problems it most assuredly was on my side. Wonder what it was.

Sorry to bother.

Remove ads