• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

First Published Module

rossik

Explorer
thinks this answer (from acaeun)
The early printings of both these modules were distributed (but not actually produced) by TSR. Palace of the Vampire Queen has the distinction of being the first D&D module ever published (module G1 Steading of the Hill Giant Chief was the first module produced by TSR; the first scenario was "Temple of the Frog", included in the Blackmoor D&D supplement, which predates PotVQ by a few months).

i boght temple of the frog some years ago, and i didnt even realize it was so old..ehehe..

just one thing, it has wrinting in it, with pen!

such a blasfemy..

anyway, do u guys suggest that i keep it that way, or try to "correct"?

(btw, wuts a grognard?)

finarvyn

Explorer
rossik said:
i boght temple of the frog some years ago, and i didnt even realize it was so old..ehehe..(btw, wuts a grognard?)
There are four "Temple of the Frog" versions that I'm aware of offhand.
1. Blackmoor, OD&D Supplement I from 1974, was about 50% devoted to "Temple of the Frog" and this is the one that was mentioned by the acaeum quote.
2. TSR did a module numbered DA2, which was "Temple of the Frog" revised in the 1980's. If you "bought Temple of the Frog" this is probably what you have and so it's not quite so old.
3. WotC posted a "Return to the Temple of the Frog" adventure in PDF for 3E earlier this year. It's not old either.
4. Zeitgeist Games is putting out a d20 Temple of the Frog module some day soon for the revised d20 Blackmoor setting.

Oh, and a "grognard" was a term from the 1970's referring to an old and crusty wargamer. I think now people seem to use it to represent any gamer playing an out-of-print edition of a RPG because they like the word.

rossik

Explorer
oh, ok!

txs for the reply! btw, i think mine is number 2, wich is quite old and rare to find in brazil ;) (in english, of corse)

RFisher

Explorer
finarvyn said:
Oh, and a "grognard" was a term from the 1970's referring to an old and crusty wargamer.

& the wargamers (many of whom enjoyed Napoleonics) borrowed it from Napolean who used it to describe his old & crusty veterans.

It means "grumbler", so it seem quite appropriate when applied to wargame or RPG curmudgeons.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads