First thing out of an "Awakened" mouth...

Eraslin

First Post
Awakened Donkey

Donkey: Ohh, this is gonna be fun. We can stay up late, swappin' manly stories, and in the mornin'... I'm making' waffles!

-Eraslin

Voneth

First Post
"No offense, But you idiot!
Who told you that I wanted to be sentient!"

My DM solved the who problem by hinting that Awakened critters would develop their own personalities and there was no commitment to making the animal continue to like me. And then he smiled.

Looks like infusions for my Druid. Oh! wait, my DM didn't get the MotW until after I had just spent my 12th level feat! And he said I was stuck with my meta magic feat. (no casting in wild form either on that account)

Yeah, my DM loooooove Druids.

Until an animal or plant is awakened it has animal or plant intelligence. So think of it as a person with sudden amnesia. It remembers nothing definite beyond certain things from before it was awakened.

An animal may remember when it was trained and by who and it may remember the guy that kicked it the day before. Beyond that ther eis little chance.

A plant on the other hand would not remember a thing since plants are not intelligent to remember anything. Or at least that is how I woudl rule it.

Of course this would create a problem with the speak with plant spell.

pontus

First Post
"Don't you guys ever bathe?!"

(I mean, can you imagine hanging around with a bunch of plate-wearing heroes when you have the scent ability)

Glyfair

Explorer
Taking a line from a popular seasonal icon: "Happy Birthday"

Of course, druid's typically don't awaken snowmen. I suppose it's possible though.

Glyfair of Glamis

Rune

Once A Fool
What a great topic! I've never considered it before!

I think if the monkey familiar in my game (see the sig) was ever awakened, somehow, it would immediately start making fun of the PCs. And fling poo at them.

Remove ads