• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

First time at Gen Con - Need some tips

marimacc

First Post
H!

In addition, I'd recommend you stop by the Gen Con forums at

Gen Con Forums

where we have a lot of threads on this topic as well.

In addition, though I can't release specifics yet, the SPA track (spousal activity) will have several tours of downtown points of interest, so please do check that track of events when looking through the event list. :)

marimacc
Gen Con SPA Coordinator
Gen Con Forum Manager

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
I'd post a video link, but it doesn't pass the grandmother rule: lots of swearing, cartoon nudity, and suggestions of cartoon nudity.

Look up "Rules for the Masses" on YouTube.

Klaus

First Post
Comic Carnival is a comic book store in downtown Indy that also carries action figures. It is located one block east of the Circle and is within walking distance of the con.

There will also be a number of vendors at the con selling action figures of all kinds.
Thanks for reminding me of this one! It's on the way to the City Market, so I'll have to remember to check it out this time!

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
But my grandmother loves Foamy?

It's not your grandmother whose rule we're trying to meet it's Eric Noah's. That's one cool grandma you have there though.

Showering: At least once a day, after swimming, and after anything that makes you sweaty.

Last edited:

Mike H

First Post
Comic Carnival is a comic book store in downtown Indy that also carries action figures. It is located one block east of the Circle and is within walking distance of the con.

There will also be a number of vendors at the con selling action figures of all kinds.

Correction. Downtown Comics is the comic book store in downtown Indy which is one block east of the Circle.

Comic Carnival is in north-northeast Indy on Keystone, several miles away.

We wouldn't want someone to get a cab and end up at the wrong place. Although both sell toys one is in downtown and the other is not.

I am a local also. :)

The Indianapolis Museum of Art is also quite nice and it is free to visit.

As for restaurants The Ram and Scotty's Brewhouse are always fun during Gen Con. Besides being restaurants and breweries the managers of each are also gamers and they deck out their businesses with gamer decor, game oriented menus and Scotty's gives away dice with meals too.

Slippery Noodle Inn - Indiana's oldest bar

Indianapolis Colts Grille - Yeah, we don't have a team anymore but you can still enjoy their sports grille! :)

RatPunk

First Post
Correction. Downtown Comics is the comic book store in downtown Indy which is one block east of the Circle.

Comic Carnival is in north-northeast Indy on Keystone, several miles away.

We wouldn't want someone to get a cab and end up at the wrong place. Although both sell toys one is in downtown and the other is not.

I am a local also. :)

Doh! Good catch. Don't know what I was thinking. I even get my comics at Downtown's north store, so you'd think I would have gotten the right one... :eek:

Remove ads