Fix to Academy Graduate feat

Bront

The man with the probe
The feat should not be required to be taken as a graduate, nor should it be required at 1st level. Instead, it should require the RP requirement to have been a graduate at the Academy of the Chromatic Order (I think a student should be fine, but that would probably result in a name change).

Requirements should now read: Must be a graduate of the Academy of the Chromatic Order, and must have at least 1 level in Wizard

Last edited by a moderator:

Rystil Arden

First Post
I'd contest that you should probably have to be a graduate to get Academy Graduate, but otherwise, I completely agree, and the writer of the text to be changed (Manzanita) agrees too! :)

orsal

LEW Judge
OK, so nothing except the prerequisite changes -- the current prerequisite is deleted and replaced with: Must be a graduate of the Academy of the Chromatic Order.

Yes.

Manzanita

First Post
So this feat could be taken after first level, by wizards who wanted to 'go back to school' for a bit, or by non-wizards who are now multiclassing to wizard.

It should require that the PC states that he/she has attended the academy in his/her background, and that he/she has at least one level in wizard at the point the feat is taken.

Bront

The man with the probe
orsal said:
OK, so nothing except the prerequisite changes -- the current prerequisite is deleted and replaced with: Must be a graduate of the Academy of the Chromatic Order.

Yes.
Noted that specificly now. And since that means you have to have 1 level of Wizard, I noted that also.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Manzanita said:
So this feat could be taken after first level, by wizards who wanted to 'go back to school' for a bit, or by non-wizards who are now multiclassing to wizard.

It should require that the PC states that he/she has attended the academy in his/her background, and that he/she has at least one level in wizard at the point the feat is taken.
It can also now be taken by the majority of students who had not graduated the Academy before reaching level 1. Adventuring Wizards who start with this feat are special cases who come out with a special degree for adventurers (kind of like someone doing a work co-op). I think it would be cool for them to return later when they've gained experience to take the test for the full degree and apply for graduate research if they want--that could even lead to whole new adventures :)

Remove ads