• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flame Seed and Forced Movement

HealingAura

First Post
The Hit effect of the 1st level at will Druid attack "Flame Seed" is:
1d6 fire damage, and the squares adjacent to the target become a fiery zone that lasts until the end of your next turn. Any enemy that enters the zone or starts its turn there takes fire damage equal to your Wisdom modifier.

What happens if the enemy is being moved by a forced movement into the affected zone? Will the enemy take Wisdom modifier fire damage twice? (during the forced movement and at the start of its turn)

What happens if the enemy is being moved by a forced movement into a square outside of the affected zone, but through it? Will the enemy take Wisdom modifier fire damage?

Cute. :lol:

To actually answer the question...

What happens if the enemy is being moved by a forced movement into the affected zone? Will the enemy take Wisdom modifier fire damage twice? (during the forced movement and at the start of its turn)

Yes. Nowhere in the description of forced movement does it say that the victim doesn't take damage from entering a dangerous square or zone. And since it would then still be there when starting its turn, it would take the damage again.

What happens if the enemy is being moved by a forced movement into a square outside of the affected zone, but through it? Will the enemy take Wisdom modifier fire damage?

Yes, again. It "entered" the zone.

Flipguarder

First Post
The Hit effect of the 1st level at will Druid attack "Flame Seed" is:
1d6 fire damage, and the squares adjacent to the target become a fiery zone that lasts until the end of your next turn. Any enemy that enters the zone or starts its turn there takes fire damage equal to your Wisdom modifier.

I actually did mean yes and no. It makes sense to me that when someone is being moved into the zone is entering it.

It does not make sense that in a situation where neither of the requirements are being fulfilled (either entering the area, or starting your turn in the area) that someone would be taking the damage. In the second case, the person started in the zone (however it was not their turn so they didn't take damage) and was moved OUTSIDE the zone, which still isn't entering the zone. I don't understand why the answer to 2 is yes.

In the second case, the person started in the zone (however it was not their turn so they didn't take damage) and was moved OUTSIDE the zone, which still isn't entering the zone. I don't understand why the answer to 2 is yes.

Hmm. We're reading question 2 differently, it seems. I read it as:

"Target is affected by power outside of zone, moved through zone to another square outside of zone." In which case, yes, the target "entered" the zone.

But you seem to have read it as:

"Target is in zone, and is then moved through zone until he's outside it."

If that's what the OP meant, then no, the target would not take damage.

Remove ads