• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

flanking

Zurai

First Post
That image is practically an optical illusion. It "feels" like the red line bends, but I examined it closely and it doesn't.

Regardless, for once it seems Hypersmurf is wrong. The PHB pretty clearly demonstrates that a corner counts as both borders it touches, and specifically calls out the "one corner and one border" case as allowing the flanking bonus.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Zurai said:
The PHB pretty clearly demonstrates that a corner counts as both borders it touches, and specifically calls out the "one corner and one border" case as allowing the flanking bonus.

Yup - I was looking at the pre-SEPHB diagram, rather than reading the text.

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Mystern said:
so does anyone know about the feat i'm talking about?

Adaptable Flanker.

It's arguable as to whether you can provide yourself a flanking bonus, though: it primarily depends on whether you are considered to be "a character or creature friendly to you"; in addition, the flanking rules make reference to "the two friendly characters". You and yourself are, at best, "the one friendly character".

-Hyp.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
frankthedm said:
Incorperating the stealth errata, here is a chart showing those potential flanks.

chainoc2bn0.gif

Could you explain your chart a bit? Any significance to the different colors? Can a guy on the edge of the chart offer flanking to the spiked chain guy in the center for more than one spot?

Mystern

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Adaptable Flanker.

It's arguable as to whether you can provide yourself a flanking bonus, though: it primarily depends on whether you are considered to be "a character or creature friendly to you"; in addition, the flanking rules make reference to "the two friendly characters". You and yourself are, at best, "the one friendly character".

-Hyp.
i dunno . . . i have a bit of an attention span problem. would that qualify me to be more than one person or does it need to be full blown split personality? :p
in any case thanks for the info i think i'll pick up that feat anyway so i can flank from evem more places! horray for flanking!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads