• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flashy sigs?

Is there a limit to the types of things we can put in our sigs? I was considering making a little flash animation, but I don't know if the boards let you include flash. I suppose I could link to the flash, but my web-fu isn't that strong.

I fully respect the desire to avoid gaudiness in sigs, to be tasteful. I'd try to keep the file size under 40kb. I'm just wondering if I could do it. If not flash, what about gifs?

Michael Morris

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Is there a limit to the types of things we can put in our sigs? I was considering making a little flash animation, but I don't know if the boards let you include flash. I suppose I could link to the flash, but my web-fu isn't that strong.

I fully respect the desire to avoid gaudiness in sigs, to be tasteful. I'd try to keep the file size under 40kb. I'm just wondering if I could do it. If not flash, what about gifs?

You can have anything that does not require HTML. Yes, my sig does require HTML - but I cheated and installed a ubb code to make it possible :p

I'm guessing this wouldn't work, then:

MOD.swf

Henry

Autoexreginated
That's a heck of a big flash animation! Unless it's NOT supposed to fill the whole screen, like it did when I copied and pasted the link.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Don't take this the wrong way but it is precisely stuff like this that has made me turn sigs off entirely. Pages were just getting too long and cluttered to view quickly (and I'm on cable!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads