• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flashy sigs?

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I'll chime in as another voice begging you not to use flash in a sig. I've got broadband at home and at work, but large sigs irritate the crap out of me.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Me too. One of the cheeriest things we did was turn off html in sigs. I sure don't miss those "What kind of household cleaning agent and giant robot are YOU?" images.

Beautiful flash, RW, but not sig-appropriate. Dr. Midnight used to post threads with story hour movie trailers. You should do that!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I hate animated avatar-pics -- I find them very distracting.

A huge animated sig would make me block you, and that would be a shame, because you have lots of interesting stuff to say.

PC / MM / Morrus: Any way to add an option, "Ignore Pictures In Sigs?" I don't want to block all sigs, since some are small and amusing, but I also don't want people to start back in adding pictures bigger than their avatars. That's just a waste of my screen space.

Thanks, -- N

Last edited:

Michael Morris

First Post
Nifft said:
I hate animated avatar-pics -- I find them very distracting.

A huge animated sig would make me block you, and that would be a shame, because you have lots of interesting stuff to say.

PC / MM / Morrus: Any way to add an option, "Ignore Pictures In Sigs?" I don't want to block all sigs, since some are small and amusing, but I also don't want people to start back in adding pictures bigger than their avatars. That's just a waste of my screen space.

Thanks, -- N

Not currently - that's an interesting idea though.

Before I do something like that I'm going to look into writing a hack that automatically blocks a sig from being displayed more than once per page.

Remove ads