• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flaunting it: gamers and their bling

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
EDIT:
Oops, poll didn't post. Check out the poll and discussion on THIS THREAD. Thanks.

A recent thread (here) had a fair bit of discussion about bumper-stickers when they were likened to posters' sigs. In a way, I suppose there's something to that. Like a bumper-sticker, the sig transmits something about you: an opinion, a glimpse at your sense of humor, a group association or business, etc.

So now I'm wondering: beyond the peculiar environs of teh interw3bz:

How do you transmit your gaming hobby, if at all?

The poll offers choices in aspects of life that seem pretty obviously (to me, anyway!) to be those in which most people "broadcast". It's a little tongue in cheek, and certainly not definitive!

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I have a tattoo on the back of my head of a fantasy warrior gazing up at a stone tower, the goal of his quest. . . with ENWorld's old logo emblazoned above it, and the ENWorld URL emblazoned below it. If this is a contest, I suspect that I have everybody else here beat by miles. ;) If not, I also have a tattoo of a Crypt Thing (2e MM) that covers most of my right forearm.

malraux

First Post
I have a tattoo on the back of my head of a fantasy warrior gazing up at a stone tower, the goal of his quest. . . with ENWorld's old logo emblazoned above it, and the ENWorld URL emblazoned below it. If this is a contest, I suspect that I have everybody else here beat by miles. ;) If not, I also have a tattoo of a Crypt Thing (2e MM) that covers most of my right forearm.

Pics please.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I haven't done much overt advertising of my involvement in gaming hobbies beyond having T-shirts that have themes that would be popular among the majority of the hobbyists. I have several T-Shirts with dragons, for instance.

However, I did once design a pendant based on the M:tG game's 5 colors. It was a pentagon about 1.5" on a side, wtih textured brass and 5 stones.

As I recall, Green was represented by a green tourmaline. Blue...either turquoise or abalone. White was a faceted quartz. Red & Black may have been an agate and onyx, respectively, but I can't say for sure.

I used to wear it to tournaments when I was still playing seriously.

Sorry, no pix right now- I put it in a "safe place" during a renovation and haven't seen it since. (I know its in here...somewhere...)

DEP

First Post
I have a tattoo on my right forearm of Hastur, and am getting a Hound of Tindalos to finish off my fantasy/horror themed sleeve. People always ask me what they are off, but some people just know.

That is all I have that is some what related to the topic at hand.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads