• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flavorful Generics [Part 1: The Warrior]

whydirt

First Post
I'm reworking the generic classes from Unearthed Arcana for an upcoming campaign, and I thought I'd get some public critique before I finish them. I'm starting with my revised version of the warrior class.

There are three things to note:

First, I plan on using the combat stunt mechanics from Iron Heroes (listed here for reference): http://www.montecook.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_IL_excerpt7

Second, I don't have saving throws listed in the class write-up. This is because I'm changing to a system where all charaters' base saving throws are equal to one-half their total character level.

Third, I use a reduced skill list with 22 unique skills (not counting different Craft, Knowledge, and Perform types). In a game using the standard DnD skills, I'd give this class 4+Int mod skills per level.

Warrior

Warriors are masters of the martial arts. They include trained soldiers, heroic knights, grizzled hunters, savage mercenaries, and daring swashbucklers. While warriors lack the supernatural talent of magicians or the breadth of skill commanded by experts, they are unmatched in combat.

Hit Die: 5 (1d10) + Constitution modifier per level.
Skill Points: 3 + Intelligence modifier per level.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
Warriors are proficient with all simple and martial weapons. They are proficient with all armor and shields.

Art of War:
At 1st level, the warrior gains a +1 competency bonus to all skill checks made in attempt of a combat stunt. This bonus increases by one at 5th level and every four levels thereafter (9th, 13th, and 17th).

A warrior adds this bonus to his base ability scores for the purpose of meeting the requirements for combat feats. For example, a 1st level warrior with an Intelligence score of 12 could take the Combat Expertise feat, which normally requires an Intelligence of at least 13.

Bonus Feats:
At 2nd level and every even level thereafter (2nd, 4th, etc.), the warrior gains a bonus combat feat.

Shrug it Off:
At 11th level, the warrior reduces all damage received by one point per source. This increases to a reduction of two points at 19th level.

Combat Mastery:
At 15th level, all of the warrior's damage dice from melee and ranged attacks are increased by one step.

Code:
Table: The Warrior[b]
Level	  BAB    	Special[/b]
1st 	   +1	    	Art of War (+1)
2nd	   +2	        Bonus feat
3rd	   +3	      
4th	   +4	        Bonus feat
5th	   +5	     	Art of War (+2)	
6th	   +6	        Bonus feat
7th	   +7	      		
8th	   +8		Bonus feat
9th	   +9	    	Art of War (+3)