• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FLGS in Boston?

Well, my wife and I are still unpacking boxes, but the move to Boston is complete and I'm wondering: where do the gamers go in Beantown? We're completely new here, and besides an old aquaintence from high school and the folks in my wife's graduate department, we don't really know anyone. Are there any good gaming stores in/around town? What about good places to eat/hang out?

Oh, and is Boston Game Day on any sort of regular schedule? If it is, I definately want to leave room on my calendar!

NCSUCodeMonkey

clark411

First Post
Gaming
The Compleat Strategist
201 Commonwealth Ave.

Relaxing (all bets off after 9:00)
Certain taverns/restaurants around Fanuiel Hall are good. I recommend Clarke's.. voted "Best Nachos July 2005" during last bar crawl. (21 Merchant's Row)

Jillians is good for pool tables. (145 Ipswitch)

dougmander

Explorer
Excellent selection of RPG books (and SF/fantasy books in general) at Pandemonium, JFK St (The Garage Mall), Harvard Square, Cambridge)

Warhammer, RPGs, and CCGs (and a gaming room) at Your Move Games, Davis Square, Somerville.

Qualidar

First Post
T wise:

Complete Strategist - Get off @ Hynes stop on the Green Line, walk down Mass Ave a couple of blocks. It's across from the Christian Science church. That's the clostest one to you.

Pandemonium - Green Line to Park Street, Red Line to Harvard square. When you come up the escalators go left for a block or so. It's in The Garage mall, on the corner of Mt Auburn and JFK st. This is my favorite FLGS in the area. You might be faster taking the 66 bus from Allston.

Your Move Games - Green Line to Park Street, Red Line to Davis square. It's just a couple of blocks down Highland Ave.

As far as EnWorld game days, it seems like we have more than most areas do, but they're not scheduled on any particular date; people just volunteer. Nothing in the immediate future, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something pop up in the fall.

~Qualidar~

p.s. welcome to Boston!

Last edited:

Sweet! With directions and everything! And it looks like Pandemonium isn't too far from where I work. Hmmm...now to earn enough money to actually buy something :D

Thanks everyone!

NCSUCodeMonkey

Remove ads