• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FLGS in Central Illinois?

johnsemlak

First Post
I'm coming home for xmas to beautiful Central Illinois, specifically the Bloomington/Normal area. Can someone clue me into what is the best FLGS there nowadays? A long time ago I used to frequent Adventureland in downtown Bloomington. Does that still exist?

I'll actually be closer to Pekin than Bloomington-Normal so a good shop there would be good too. Also, I'll probably visit my brother in Champaign Urbana so feel free to plug a shop there too.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
In Peoria, you've got Beyond Eternity. Nice discounts on anything in print. A little tough to find the first time, though. Try to go with someone who's been there before. It's a home business on an easy to miss road. I grew up in this area and drove past it at least 8 times before I found it. Maybe you can get better directions now.

In Washington there's The Game Room. They're in a little strip mall near the Wal-Mart, if I remember correctly. No discounts, but a good selection of merchandise. They're also stock a lot of 40k stuff.

Adventureland should still be open in Bloomington. I haven't been there in a couple years, so they may have moved. I'm pretty sure they're still open though, because I've dealt with them through eBay.

I'm sure there is something down in the Champaign area. The other gamer here in the office went to school down there, but she's out today. I know they always have a big con sometime in the late spring-early summer.

Also, The Game Room sponsors a nice little con at Illinois Central College in April. ICC is outside East Peoria. Call The Game Room for more info.

Mr. Pink

First Post
FLGS in Champaign

I am here in Champaign, IL. There is a game shop downtown on, I think, Main St. It is called The Dragon's Table, it is in the back part of a comic shop called G-Mart.

Hope this helps. And Merry Christmas.

Mr. Pink

Torgeir

First Post
I would check out the Game Room first before Beyond Alternity as Dave isnt as rude as Mike is. Beyond that I just go to Adventureland in bloomington instead of either most of the time. Its worth the drive for the better service. There is another store in bloomington to but i can never remember its name.

Torgeir

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads