• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FLGS in Philadephia, PA?

iwatt

First Post
Well, two days until I'm finally off to visit my sister in Philadelphia. Since the FLGS down here in Chile carry mostly 2e and White Wolf stuff, I'll probably be spending a goodly ammount of cash on gaming stuff. So any help pointing me to a good store will bre geratly appreciated :D

All I know is that my sister lives near the University of Pennsylvania.

Rolzup

First Post
While it's not actually *in* Philadelphia, Abington Games and Hobbies is about five miles north of the city, and has a really good selection.

Don't know of any gaming shops in Philly itself these days; Showcase Comics on South Street used to have a good selection, but these days they're just comics.

Glyfair

Explorer
I'll ask around. I'm in Northern Delaware (which I know like the back of my hand), but I'm not as aware of the Philly area. The only Philadelphia game store I'm really aware of is the Complete Strategist in King of Prussia, but it's been years since I've been even there.

Edit: There don't seem to be any major gaming stores in Philadelphia proper according to the Wizards Store Search. I'd just get the zip code your are visiting and use this to set a reasonable radius to search.

Last edited:

ranger89

First Post
I have yet to find a decent gaming store in Philadelphia. We've searched and all the shops tend to be lame or really lame. I'll usually check out books in a bookstore like Border's or Barnes and Noble and then order it online (Amazon is way cheaper). There is one store in Conshohocken (which is about 10-15 minutes from Center City) called Round Table Games and Stuff that I've been meaning to check out. If you happen to find a good store during your visit, please post.

P.S. - Hope you enjoy your trip. I love living here.

EDIT: I haven't been to the store in Abington. Will have to check it out.

Glyfair

Explorer
If it's that bad in the Philly area, the Northern Delaware area isn't too far away (depending on your transportation situation) and has two good stores. Between Books is the closest and is a bookstore/comic book store/gaming store. It's smallish, but has a lot of out-of-print materials, all for cover price (he doesn't believe in marking up product). The Days of Knights is a bit further, but is a more traditional store with a separate gaming club area.

iwatt

First Post
Allandaros said:
Man! Can your Chilean FLGSes export some of those 2e books back? :)

If you feel like reading "Manuales de Calabozos y Dragones" and a lot of the books for "Los Reinos Perdidos".... :p

Templetroll

Explorer
Glyfair said:
If it's that bad in the Philly area, the Northern Delaware area isn't too far away (depending on your transportation situation) and has two good stores. Between Books is the closest and is a bookstore/comic book store/gaming store. It's smallish, but has a lot of out-of-print materials, all for cover price (he doesn't believe in marking up product). The Days of Knights is a bit further, but is a more traditional store with a separate gaming club area.

The Days of Knights is the best game store in the Philadelphia area. ;)

Remove ads