• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FLGS question

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Gaming during business hours should generally be limited to running demos or tournaments. If he's actually DMing while trying to run the register, that's problematic.

And as others stated, if he's playing in something where there are prizes at stake...that's a tad fishy.

Shingen

First Post
I think the store owner should play in games. But they should either leave someone at the counter to run things, or let the group know they will have to frequently attend customers. Many of my bad experiences at a LGS come from trying to pry unwilling owners away from games so I can give them money.

Argyle King

Legend
I'll echo what Morris said. I think it's perfectly fine for a store owner to play games. One of the big reasons I shop at the store near here is because I'm confident that the owner has knowledge of the games he sells.

That being said, I view it as bad form for an owner to participate in events where prizes are at stake.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads