• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flick of the Wrist combo ... would it work?

Demoquin

First Post
I am just wonderinf if FOTW is worth its salt? For my character it seems that if i can beat the iniative order, or start the encounter, then i dont really need to have FOTW.

Ex.

Rogue has been talking to the city guard for a min or so. The rogue realizes he is not getting anywhere with him so he wants to dispose of him. He can make a Sleight of Hand check to pull out a dagger and use it. If the guard does not notice the dagger or the attempt, he is flatfooted and elgible for a sneak attack.

What is the benefit for FOTW then? If you can do it without the feat?

Elven Rogue 5/ Asn3

Finesse, TWF, Quickdraw

going for

Rogue 5/ Asn 7/ IB 5/ Swa 3
with imp TWF, imp initative, Staggering Strike, Blindfight, FOTW* or some other feat in its place.

Last edited:

Inigo Carmine

First Post
It's good backup in case you don't get to go first. I use it with a TWFing rogue of mine. It's fun to get charged by 2 enemies in the first round of combat, have them both miss me, and then take them both down with one hit each because I use flick of the wrist on them.

Inigo Carmine

First Post
I know it's restricted to once per opponent per combat, but I don't remember it being restricted to once/round. My book's at home (I'm at work), but I'll have to check on that later.

Azrael

First Post
I find it handy for my Rogue/Monk, If I win initiative I have my sneak attack using unarmed strike and then second rougue I use flick of the wrist, pull out a short sword for an extra sneak attack

Demoquin

First Post
I was just thinking

If i stood still and 'Fight Defensively' to add to AC, I could Dual Strike the target at my highest AB. Now if i FOTW my main dagger, i could then Stagger on the first hit with a sneak attack and deal normal dmg on the 2nd dagger. Now if they are truely 'Staggered', then they are only limited to either a standard action or move action (not both). Since they already moved ... they cant finish their attack since i interrupted it with my deadly AoO.

Assuming i have imp TWF, Dual Strike, FOTW and Staggering Strike, Quickdraw

OR without Dual Strike or imp TWF

Now if i FOTW my main dagger, i could then Stagger on the first hit with a sneak attack and deal normal dmg on the 2nd dagger. Now if they are truely 'Staggered', then they are only limited to either a standard action or move action (not both). Since they already moved ... they cant finish their attack since i interrupted it with my deadly AoO.

Assuming i have FOTW and staggering Strike.
Would this work?

Last edited:

Space monkey

First Post
Call me a newbie or whatever But I Don't know what Flick of the wrist is. I checked the SRD Feats and It's not there.

Could you let me know about this feat so I can follow this thread.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads