• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flintlock & Tomahawk: Endgame

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Speid swings his sword and breaks the line, which falls harmlessly into the well. The fluting ceases shortly afterward, and all is still.[sblock]You have two choices: go back the way you came and check out the other exit from that first cavern, or exit through the tunnel leading out the right side of this room. Someone pick, and we'll keep on rolling through.[/sblock]

Rookseye

Explorer
Hearing the horrid fluting begin to fade, Sykes stares at the Scotsman and Abcott for a good long moment. He then raises his lantern, looks toward the passageway leading out of the room to the right, and sets off in that direction.

"Hurry now, we do not wish to be here when the sound returns..."

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

The tunnel is, at first, rough, but eventually becomes more finished, with actual brickwork and wooden support beams, and, occasionally, a wall sconce with a lit torch in it. After some hundred odd feet, it opens onto a raised platform (about ten feet above the ground level) in a large room.

Candles and torches of all sorts light the room, casting flickering shadows over the walls and the floors. The center of the room is dotted with long, wooden benches with high backs and elaborate, gothic scrollwork. In the front of the raised platform is a long bench with various beakers and apparati surrounding a butchered corpse -- it's clearly an altar of sorts, but it's also clear that it's no longer being used as such. Ornate wooden doors mark the opposite end of the room.

WargamerX

First Post
Speid takes in the horrible scene and the expression of apprehension on Abcott's face. He whispers to Sykes, His wee bairn???

[Sblock]Sorry for being out, but my characters are always more heroic when KL NPC's them anyway!

I'm all for Civil War, WWI & WWII in that order Rookseye - but I'll play just about anything CoC!!![/Sblock]

Last edited:

Rookseye

Explorer
The expression of trepidation and abject fear on Abcott's face nearly causes Sykes' knees to buckle when he takes in the form upon the altar.

"I know not Mr. Speid, but I fear the worst..."

[sblock] OK, I think we'll go with the Civil War scenario then, it seems to already have a majority following (I've been looking forward to GM'ing it again for a while, so it gets my vote too, heh. Details to follow.) [/sblock]

Old Fezziwig

Abcott: It is not your daughter, instead it appears to be a man of middle age, his chest cracked open like an egg and the viscera jumbled up -- as a matter of fact, it looks like someone's been tinkering in there; stitches are visible in a number of places on the organs. An small writing tablet lies on the table next to the corpse.[sblock]Committed Hero: Please make a Sanity check.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads