• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flowchart How to Play My Character When I'm Absent

varden

First Post
''What did y'all use for your flow charts/cheat sheets?''

microsoft word
1'' margins
view> gridlines
Drawing toolbar> AutoShapes> Flowchart> shape
put title in header to save space

text box margins = 0'', layout = 'in front of text'

Last edited:

Noumenon

First Post
I got lost on the yEd flowchart because the Yes and No obscure the lines. Specifically, I couldn't get from "Have they had you resurrected yet?" to the Yes option.

On the original flowchart, doesn't the "here's how to get flanking" advice contradict the "don't go toe to toe" advice?

It seems to me that Stealth should come before Winning Initiative.

Note that in Word 2007, if you start with a drawing canvas, you can link boxes with arrows and the arrows will stay connected to the boxes so you can drag them around (not the cool twisty arrows though).

As a DM, I usually don't have time to read through a lot of abilities every turn, so I favor situation-based tactics guides. That way if you aren't in melee, you know to skip to the next section right away. This could be done as a flowchart too, definitely.

TACTICS
Before encounter: Use Stealth to get combat advantage.
Round 1: Choose targets lower than you in initiative to get combat advantage.
If stuck in melee: watch for a chance to use Vexing Flanker, or use Riposte Strike or Tumble to escape.
If you don't have combat advantage:
  1. Watch for prone targets
  2. Use walking wounded or hectoring strike
  3. Use Blade Vault or Tumble to flank.
Vs high-AC monsters: Target Reflex with Piercing Strike, King's Castle, and Vexing Sting.
None of the above: Throw the +2 dagger or attack with the Duelist's Rapier.
--------------------
POWERS
Stealth (stealth rules)
(verbiage about Combat Advantage, extra dice and action points)
List of attack powers

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads