• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FLUMPH] Avatars of the Flumph PrC

Gez

First Post
HellHound said:
More details (including the Flumph God and the Dark Flumph) will be appearing along with this class in the upcoming Son of a Portable Hole Full of Beer!

When I saw that thread, I was sure it was a preview of that PDF !

The worse is that I have a paladin variant of the dragon disciple IMC; and if you replace "flumph" by "bronze dragon" in that flavor text, you're nigh at it... Eek !

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Gez said:
The worse is that I have a paladin variant of the dragon disciple IMC; and if you replace "flumph" by "bronze dragon" in that flavor text, you're nigh at it... Eek !

Okay, let's try...

There are those who laugh a the strange pancake-esque creature that is a bronze dragon, but there are others who see in it something noble and powerful, a lawful hunter of the underdark, almost a floating jellyfish paladin, if such an entity could be imagined. Some even become avatars of the bronze dragon.

Alrighty then!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'll be building a NPC using this. It's just too good to pass up.

Hellhound, we need a Control Flumph and Mass Control flumph power in there. I just can't pass up the image of the Acolyte surrounded by a floating crowd of angry flumphs, eager for revenge....

Last edited:

HellHound

Hmmm.... the problem there is this was supposed to be a class for people who want to BE flumph, not be in command of flumph.

I recommend you give the villain in question the Leadership feat, and replace all level 1 followers with Flumph, and all followers of higher levels with advanced flumph.

For balance though, you probably have to make the level 2 followers and up flumph... and the level 1 followers poor pathetic humans (aka: flumph food)

Krug

Newshound
HellHound said:
Hmmm.... the problem there is this was supposed to be a class for people who want to BE flumph, not be in command of flumph.

BE the flumph, not RULE the flumph!

CWD

First Post
If not control flupmh, then at least a flumph companion ability so he has one around to emulate, or the ability to gain flumph henchmen.

HellHound

(incredulous look)

Flumph Henchmen?

When you become a dragon disciple, you want to become a dragon, you wish to emulate it in any way possible... but you do not do it to become the ruler of dragons... clerics of kurtlemuk (sp?) may have kobold friends and followers, but they do not become lord of kurtlemuk!

(end of mock surprise)

Allright already!

I'll make a FlumphMaster prestige class next to go with this.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads