Flumph forum?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
A place to discuss the creature that really helps define the game.

Talk about the 1e Fiend Folio, flumph tactics, psychology, diet, new flumph sub-types, recipes for flumphs, etc.

Also post new flumph feats, powers, magics, and so on and so forth.

Finally, present flumph NPCs and GMCs for others to inflict upon their players.

I think such a place has *lots* of potential!

Discuss among yourselves.

Darraketh

First Post
Excellent! Finally my flumph Paladin PrC will get the attention it deserves. Which goes with out saying that they are highly underrated as a character class.

If this forum takes off like I am sure it will, I'll post the details of my special anti-flipping feat.

Kudos to Piratecat for keeping these forums on the cutting edge of 3e gaming! You da man! or is that cat...:D

Wicht

Hero
Darraketh said:
Kudos to Piratecat for keeping these forums on the cutting edge of 3e gaming! You da man! or is that cat...:D

Funny that, I don't recall seeing any flumphs in 3e. Is it an oversight do you think. :eek:

Holy Bovine

First Post
Bah! You hardnose DMs and your uber-monsters! Of course its easy for you to get TPKs when you're using that most munchkined of all monsters - the Flumph!

There was NO WAY to defend against it - it could just float up to you and....

ummmm...

errrr

ahhhh....

What the heck did they do again?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
The 3e Flumph!!!!!

From the Creature Catalog:

FLUMPH

Small Aberration

Hit Dice: 2d8 (9 hp)

Initiative: +3 (Dex)

Speed: Fly 20 ft (average)

AC: 20 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +6 natural)

Attacks: Spikes +4 melee

Damage: Spikes 1d4 plus 1d4 acid

Face/Reach: 5 ft by 5 ft/0 ft

Special Attacks: Acid

Special Qualities: Nauseating spray, darkvision 60 ft

Saves: Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +5

Abilities: Str 10, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10

Skills: Hide +7, Listen +7, Move Silently +7, Search +4, Spot +7

Feats: Weapon Finesse (spikes)

Climate/Terrain: Any underground

Organization: Pair or colony (4-16)
Challenge Rating: 2

Treasure: None

Alignment: Always lawful good

Advancement: 3-6 HD (Small)

A flumph appears as a jellyfish-like creature about three feet in diameter. Its body is round and almost flat. The body is flanked by two eyestalks, each about six inches long. Several short tentacles hang from the creature's underside, concealing a mass of small spikes. A flumph is pure white in color with slightly darker tentacles.

COMBAT
The flumph hovers a few inches above the ground, or hangs motionless in reeds or similar concealment, hunting small creatures such as rats, frogs, and lizards. When it finds a small creature, it rises a foot or two, and drops onto its prey, piercing it with its spikes and injecting its acid into the wounds.

If threatened by a larger creature, the flumph attempts to drive it away by squirting a foul-smelling liquid from an orifice along its equator. If this fails, the flumph can rise to a height of 10 feet and drop onto an opponent, piercing it with its spikes and injecting its acid into the wounds.

Acid (Ex): When a flumph hits an opponent with its spikes, it injects a potent acid into the wounds. This acid deals 1d4 points of damage to the opponent for 2d4 rounds. The acid can be washed away by vigorously rinsing (two full rounds) or by total immersion in running water.

Nauseating Spray (Ex): Line of foul smelling liquid, 1 foot wide, 1 foot high, and 20 feet long, once every 1d4 rounds; nauseated (no action other than a single move or move-equivalent action) for 1d4 rounds; Fortitude save (DC 11) negates.

The odor from this spray lingers in the area (and on any creature hit) for 1d4 hours and can be detected at a range of 100 feet.

Bonus Feats: The flumph gains the Weapon Finesse (spikes) feat as a bonus feat.

The Flumph first appeared in the 1e FF (1981).
:cool:

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Yeah, well that might sound like a good thing to give a poor, obscure monster that "deserves" more attention, but what about all of the other bizaare, underused monsters, huh? Are we going to have a seperate forum for the Wolf-In-Sheeps-Clothing? What about the fremlin? Or the digester? We can't forget the froghemoth, no sirre! Don't forget about pretty much all of the monsters from Spelljammer! What do ya think of that. HUH?!

Try to think of the little people... the flumph is not the only unused monster around here... :D

drnuncheon

Explorer
Piratecat said:
A place to discuss the creature that really helps define the game.

Talk about the 1e Fiend Folio, flumph tactics, psychology, diet, new flumph sub-types, recipes for flumphs, etc.

Also post new flumph feats, powers, magics, and so on and so forth.

Finally, present flumph NPCs and GMCs for others to inflict upon their players.

I believe the flumph deserves its own site with forums for each of the topics above.

Donate and support www.flumph.org! Yea!

Someguy

First Post
Yes...too FLUMPHS...

We can also post Flumph stories, where we sit in the old rocker, and reminisce about or good'ole Flumphs...

Remove ads