Flute / Staff?

Staffan

Legend
Well, a recorder is sort of open on both ends. There's a narrow blowhole on the top (with a mouthpiece), and it's all open on the bottom. Then again, you could argue that you're closing it off with your mouth when you use it.

negative_energy

First Post
A flute-staff probably wouldn't need to be made of any special materials. I personally wouldn't want one made of wood or gold or something soft like that, but if made of bamboo, it should be strong enough. Bamboo is conciderably stronger than regular wood, and would be much less expencive than mithril or adamantine.

Tuzenbach

First Post
Piratecat said:
If you can, find the movie Circle of Iron. In it, David Carradine fights with a flute staff that makes amazing noises as he swings it around him. Yes, I'd say this is a fine type of weapon to use in D&D.
You know, I don't ever recall hearing the name of this movie. However, upon reading the description of Eli Wallach's role in the film, THAT particular part rings a bell. I was certain that that scene was from The Beastmaster or something. Looks like I'll be seeing this film in the not too distant future...

ceratitis

First Post
thanks woodelf :)
i have no idea if this works in real life, the friends i was thinking this up for is in love with multi-tasking objects and is playing a bard so...
he isnt any good at melee and usually provides us with ranged support however we have come to town to power up spending all our money on items 'cos the enemies are out to get us :)
he doesnt like the feel of "magic supermarket" so i agreed to think up something that would be in char for him and with potencial. if my DM agrees will work out all sorts of tunes and songs for him to learn and as long as i dont tell him what it does he gets to keep the "mystery" but still get a custom made item. our DM has a new job and doesnt have the time for it.
i was thinking of giving it several once per day abilities which can be 'recharged' by spending use of bardic music and such.
when i have a finished description i'll post it :)
Z

Tetsubo

First Post
Piratecat said:
If you can, find the movie Circle of Iron. In it, David Carradine fights with a flute staff that makes amazing noises as he swings it around him. Yes, I'd say this is a fine type of weapon to use in D&D.

CoI makes the Kill Bill experience so much better...

CoI is my favorite martial arts film. I would go so far as to say it is the quintissential martial arts film.

Staff Flutes would be a logical item in a D&D campaign. Every Bard should have one. :)

Remove ads