Fog of War : for the Hector Warlord (Full Controller)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I guess that begs the question of what to name it... And also in true 4e creates the ugly dilemma of where to get a list of powers.

To me a rogue that was full on set of disabling powers he could throw on the fly as he shifts is still being a Rogue. And even a Warlord whose specialty is manipulating the enemy would be aiding allies in exactly the same flavor as the standard Warlord just secondarily.

Trying to play too much name gaming is a losing game to me... When the "flavor" just hasn't changed that much.(how does one decide that)

Arguably that is why we have threads like this one.
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ng-Class-and-Role-(and-what-is-a-controller-)

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
How martial is my mind control... Fog of War

Captain America err (warlord controller build) drops into an alley scene and is confronted suddenly by 4 assailants 3 up close and one with a gun err crossbow, ducks under the weapon of one of his enemies that is sure they had him and it slices into the other adjacent one, the one goes down and the other who just killed joe shows the signs of freaking cause he killed his friend, on the enemies turn the crossbowman takes a shot and the remaining fellow up close does too, (the guy who is freaking runs like hell - defeated) neither the other two attacks are massively effective, The crossbow man is not actually a mook though as the DM wanted some minor challenge because the Captain can clean mooks like there is no tomorrow, the captain fakes being fazed by the first bolt and leaves an apparent opening, drawing a followup shot from that crossbowman but the captain drags the hapless other fellow adjacent to him into the line of fire, and another mook goes down. This of course pissing off the crossbowman even further because apparently he cannot hire good help. So far "Fog of war" used twice.... 3 mooks down and one standard has taken some incidental demoralizing from :):):):) hitting the fan.

Something I find noticeable characters are not standing around just waiting while each gets his turn...

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Fog of war is at some level a combination of seductive opening and using the enemies like a shield. It might one time entice an adjustment of position and another induce a careless attack which you can turn into friendly fire by evasion/deflection or even grabbing an adjacent enemy into line of attack.

I think it might be appropriate to have the warlord or a directed ally shifting as part of this maneuver.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Still brewing on this one... added some restrictions ie for any other warlord build the target of the attack needs to be adjacent to the Warlord... while allowing some more clues in the mechanics as to what is happening ie the move and positioning are part of the influence which makes it even more Warlordy in my opinion. In this case the attack against their will represents your adversaries perception (wisdom) or
cleverness (cha)

For me the area of effect of a warlord powers needs to be defined by his allies positions.

FogOfWar.png
In theory I could easily see this being done without weapon ...
if inherent bonuses were in play.

Last edited:

Remove ads