• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Followers w/ PC Class Levels

Zephyrus

First Post
I forget where (and I'm pretty sure its out their) But.... where does it say what the level adjustment is for having Followers with PC classes instead of NPC classes. (Ie levels in Fighter, Wizard, etc.. instead of Commoner, Warrior, Adept and Expert).

Zephyrus said:
I forget where (and I'm pretty sure its out their) But.... where does it say what the level adjustment is for having Followers with PC classes instead of NPC classes. (Ie levels in Fighter, Wizard, etc.. instead of Commoner, Warrior, Adept and Expert).

There's no level adjustment given.

In 3.0, followers were only allowed to be NPC classes. I think a Sage Advice recommended something like LA +1 for warrior-types and +2 or +3 for spellcasters (i.e., if you could have level 4 followers, they could be level 4 warriors, experts, or commoners; or level 3 fighters, rangers, or rogues; or level 1 clerics or wizards).

That restrictions were removed in 3.5, and no mention has been made since of LAs.

EDIT: Changed the above to conform to the actual text of the 3.0 feat.

Last edited:

irdeggman

First Post
In fact the 3.0 DMG restricted it to "Followers can be warriors, experts, or commoners." So it was even more restrictive as to what NPC classes could be chosen from.

Remove ads