• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

for the 100th time: AoO and Trip? And AoO and Helaig Potion

Winternight

First Post
Is it possible to trip SO as part of an AoO?
I´d say yes. But didn´t find anything inthe fAQ. ( maybe I am to blind/dumb).
My DM says maybe, so i am entitle to ask.

ahh another one:
Trinking an potion provokes an AoO - right?
What happens when I drink my potion and my enemy attacks me. Do i have to make a concentration check?
Thank you.

AGGEMAM

First Post
Winternight said:
Is it possible to trip SO as part of an AoO?

Yes.

TRIP
You can try to trip an opponent as an unarmed melee attack.

Making an Attack of Opportunity: An attack of opportunity is a single melee attack,

Winternight said:
Drinking an potion provokes an AoO - right?

Yes

Winternight said:
What happens when I drink my potion and my enemy attacks me. Do i have to make a concentration check?

No, nothing happens except you take the damage. In case it matters you take the damage first, before whatever effect the potion had takes effect.

Last edited:

Kylearan

First Post
Well met!

AGGEMAM said:
No, nothing happens except you take the damage. In case it matters you take the damage first, before whatever effect the potion had takes effect.
And beware the foe who tries to sunder your potion with his AoO...

Kylearan

kmdietri

Explorer
Unless this has been Errata'd it says on page 229 of the DMG:

"Using a potion or oil provokes attacks of opportunity. A successful attack (including grappling attacks) against the character forces a Concentration check (as for casting a spell). If the character fails this check, she cannot drink the potion."

AGGEMAM

First Post
kmdietri said:
Unless this has been Errata'd it says on page 229 of the DMG:

Wow. You know it says the same thing in mine. I never noticed that before. Btw, it is on page 190 in my DMG.

Remove ads