For the EN World Metalheads. Introducing new bands.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Okay, sorry for being a bit spammey right now, but if any of you has a myspace account, would you mind taking a short time and voting for Embassy of Silence in here:
MySpace.com - Sweden Rock Festival

And if you have little time later too, you could just vote for them everyday untill January 5th ;).

Last edited:

Nyaricus

First Post
I have precisely one Bathory album...it was OK, but it wasn't good enough to make me a fan.

Speaking of which, how is Hoarfrost faring these days, Ny?
Quite the tale of ups and downs, hahaha. We were signed to a local label, but they were trying to pressure us into the studio before we were ready, and we broke up for a good bit due to that and some other junk. Not a very happy period.

However, all problems have been sorted out, and we have reformed and now have a new/permanent/awesome bassist named Craig in addition to the original line-up. It's smooth sailing and we're much stronger than before.

Right now we are gearing up towards our first local show, with Damascus, one of the more popular bands in town (they're great progressive death metal without being wankers about it like some proggy bands can be). Trevor Birnie from that band is also the new vocalist for Quo Vadis, and he's a cool guy - I've been going to their shows for about 3, maybe 3 1/2 years now.

They're doing a video shoot for this show, so we're expecting some good exposure to new fans in addition to our friends - and probably a lot of exposure since Damascus hasn't played a show since early October because Trev was on tour with Quo Vadis, plus the whole video shoot bit. Should be good times for us :D

Currently, we have one track up on our MySpace page ('Under the Bloody Banner'), and tomorrow morning I am going over to Brett's house (one of the guitarists) to do the vocals for 'Spineless', which should be posted later tomorrow. We just re-opened the MySpace the beginning of December and in two weeks have well over 400 plays. We're pretty happy right now, lots of good feedback is coming our way.

MySpace.com - Hoarfrost - looking for shows in 2009! - Winnipeg, CA - Black Metal / Death Metal / Other - www.myspace.com/officialhoarfrost is the MySpace link and I am keeping a blog for any band news / things of interest and so on for us.

Let me know what you think of the music, please and thanks! I always love a good, fair critique :)

cheers,
--N

Evil_Dead_Jedi

First Post
Are you kidding me? No one has mentioned 3 Inches of Blood?
The art in their cd booklets and their lyrics practically come straight from the pages of old school fantasy role-playing!

3 INCHES OF BLOOD | FIRE UP THE BLADES

MySpace.com - 3 INCHES OF BLOOD - Vancouver, CA - Metal / Rock / Metal - www.myspace.com/3iob

It's like NWOBHM on steroids (and from Canada)!

Check out their official site and look at the desktops and pictures too! Tell me you don't get the urge to make some of those characters your new evil bosses in your games!

(EDIT) Also, their EP from 2007 was based on the Fighting Fantasy book Trial of Champions.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hey Ny!

I'd say you addressed just about everything Thunderfoot and I talked to you about- you definitely sound tighter.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This thread has been dormant for a while, but I think it needs a little reinvigorating...

1) Yngwie Malmsteen recently released an album with Ripper Owens (of Judas Priest/Iced Earth fame). This isn't really news...but he also has a new one coming out that will be an all acoustic "unplugged" effort.

2) Faith No More is apparently reforming- the new lineup- sans Jim Martin (their famously red-rimmed eyeglassed guitarist) are:
Mike Bordin, Roddy Bottum, Bill Gould, Jon Hudson and Mike Patton.

3) Iconic guitarist Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave, The Nightwatchman)has joined forces with heady rapper Boots Riley (of The Coup) to form Street Sweeper Social Club.

4) Its official- William DuVall is officially the new singer of Alice In Chains, and the new album will be out some time in 2009.

5) I've been listening to Japanese drone/stoner rock band Boris a lot lately. Killer stuff- and some sections are so distorted you'll check the credits to find out who is playing "Lead 747."

6) Texas' greatest living rock guitarist, Eric Johnson, is on the verge of releasing an album this year! 'Bout damn time!

Remove ads