• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For those in an SL campaign

Glaurung

First Post
Not that I'm complaining, but do you just go around starting SL threads, San? There were like four on the first board when I last checked. It's good for SL to get so much coverage...I just find it amusing.

Anyway, Tanil and Chardun are the most respected and infamous gods in my campaign, respectively. The game takes place in Durrover and Burok Torn, and so the characters are constantly under threat by followers of the Great General. The characters are also deeply invovled witht he church of Goran. (BTW, I liked and used the Burok Torn adventures).

Sanackranib

First Post
starting threads

Like many other En Worlders I start threads and because I post a lot on SL threads like Nightfall and others I can see how it could seem that way. Usually either Nightfall or myself will have an SL thread going constantly. when it gets long then one of us starts a new on to encourage a wider range of people to post (the long ones usually have all the same posters and those people will have no difficulty in finding the new one.

I am really interested in the SL thus tend to post questions (new threads) and responces to questions (existing threads) but I also do post non SL related new and existing threads. thats the long answer. I guess the short answer would be "no".:D

JoeGKushner

First Post
In the front, Corean. The party is in the area around Mitrhil and Mullis town a lot.

In the background, I've been using Balesmith to set up some events that the party continues to avoid. Vangal is another one that the party manages to avoid somehow. Hadrada gets a lot of lip service and donations from a player or two as does Tanil.

enrious

I play the aforementioned paladin of Madriel in Nightfall's campaign, so a lot of our/my focus has been on Madriel.

One of the other chars is a Vigilant-in-training worshiper of Tanil.

NiTessine's char is soon to be a subject of Nemorga if he doesn't quit opening doors without warning...

Speaking of Nemorga, curiously enough, we have a Nemorgan worshipper from Hollowfaust. Fancy that.

I personally have spent most of my game time dealing with Madrielan issues but since I think paladins are active ambassadors, we've also dealing with other faiths.

(And no, the paladin isn't too keen on the Nemorgan necromancer.)

Last edited:

Roderick

First Post
Sadly my players are religiously a very indifferent lot. The only exception is the cleric of Corean, who invokes his god in every combat, and thanks him, when successfully casting his spells. The only other goddess, who receives at least lip service, is Tanil. The group mage has bracers of archery, which function for one month, after being blessed by a cleric of Tanil.
On the other side they developed a intense dislike for Belsameth and her clergy, because, for reasons unknown to them, they have repeatedly sent assassins after the party rogue/"sorcerer".

For details, you can go to my campaign writeup here:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34697

Other than that the gods receive no prayers, and donations. I'm starting to think about diminishing the effect of beneficial clerical spells cast on them, and/or raising the DC of saving throws against divine spells. Maybe I should look up the piety point system from Harnmaster. IIRC they had a nice system for players to accumulate some kind of karma points for leading a pious life. Thanks to whoever started this thread for reminding me.

Ruined

Explorer
In my campaign, Madriel and Chardun get the most playtime. One of the characters is a priestess of Madriel, and another is a former soldier from the Calastian Hegemony who used to worship Chardun the most. Now it is all in question.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Mmh, in last game I play most spotlight had Enkili and Chardun.

In my current game I play Belsameth and Enkili worshippers are most numberous, probably because characters tend to go to those temples to get their "divine help for cash". First line characters tell to first priest they see is "I can pay".
Also, a lot of demon-worshipping people room around causing trouble.

In game, I am dm, Tanil and Chardun have currenly major role. Nice heroes from Vesh... blah..blah... ;)

Frostmarrow

First Post
I hardly know where to start. The party is originally from Durrover and I play a neutral (undecided) fighter, Kantor Vanderghast. So, I'll try to list the gods from his perspective:

Kantor's best friend (if he had one) is a follower of Drendari. That character was phased out at the recent DM-switch.

The healer in the party is a dwarven cleric who naturally worships Goran. This character has since returned back to Burok Torn and is no longer a player character. Occasionally though, we are joined by another dwarf with the same affiliations.

In the party we have a bard who follows Tanil. He's pretty quiet about his beliefs. I'm guessing he has other things on his mind, namely ale and wenches.

In the party we also have a sorceress and she seems to prefer Madriel as those are the temples she visits but her devoutness is lesser than any of the others.

When my character realised that the gods were pretty close by he begun using "Vangal!" as his war cry. He found that it helped him in combat. This was not very popular with the rest of the group, though.

The party met with and joined forces with a monk with a mission. The mission seemed to be to spread the word of Corean and most notably try to convert Kantor to Corean-worship.

Kantor was not impressed and even though it brought about an alignmnet shift in him it was not perfectly in line of that of Corean. Instead Kantor turned to Madriel in times of extreme peril so my character became Neutral Good (over the course of several sessions.)

We have now made it to Mithril and befriended another cleric. This time of Corean. Kantor is homesick and wants to return to Durrover but none of the others want to. It seems only natural to prey more to Madriel since Madriel has a strong following and long traditions in Durrover. This is not to say that Kantor will never be heard yelling Vangal! in the face of the enemy. However by praying to Madriel Kantor has become less likely to kill in combat. He prefers to subdue the enemy and rather live and let live.

Holy Bovine

First Post
In my Scarred Lands game Madriel and Corean are the two gods most often mentioned or appearing (!). Tanil has had a little bit of mention as well as Belsemath and Enliki.

FOr the titans definately Mormo is the one the PCs butt heads with the most often. They even did a 'raid' on Khirdet to stop some of the Druids from collecting many pieces of Mormo together.

Currently the gods and titans have taken a back seat to the new storyline as the PCs are being forced to deal with some psionic using humanoids (cue ominious music :D)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads