• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

force a Concentration check?

Magic Rub

First Post
kreynolds said:

I could tell you...but then I'd have to kill you. IYKWIM, AITYD. :D

You could also distract by speaking misc. words to a caster, but not the whole word, just the firsts letter of every word. :p Thanks for the idea KR, you...

OIUYTBVEURYTOIEWRYTN8W5Y98TVVN09T0909m()(*)(m()#@!#!^%@(!&#n$jkngyefbiuygeniwegyfiwgnmiwefeIUOMPIOITNVOYTU

guy :D :)

AGGEMAM

First Post
Magic Rub said:
ROTFLMAO - sorry, call me slow but what does this mean?

Aggemam's Guide to Idiotic Internet Abbreviations aka AGIIA

part 127: ROTFLMAO : Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A55 Off

part 245: IYKWIM, AITYD : If You Know What I Mean, And I Think You Do

Last edited:

Cl1mh4224rd

First Post
Negative Zero said:
thanks you all for the many and varied responses. but does anyone other than Greythax (thanks btw) have any serious responses?

~NegZ
those suggestions may have been in jest, but if they don't at least give you an idea as to "what other "distractions" can force a concentration check", then i for one have no clue what you're asking for...

Gromm

First Post
Negative Zero said:
thanks you all for the many and varied responses. but does anyone other than Greythax (thanks btw) have any serious responses?

~NegZ

Anything that says it forces a Conc check and doesn't deal damage (many spells and the like do this). Trip attacks would probably fall in this dept as was mentioned above. It really depends on the DMs call, but generally damage, spells that indicate they can cause a Conc check, and enviromental conditions(riding on horseback, etc) are the only things you'll really see.

Thanee

First Post
Yup, unless it allows to increase your range, there is not much sense in forcing a Concentration check without dealing damage, when you can do so with dealing damage as well!

Bye
Thanee

Gromm

First Post
Thanee said:
Yup, unless it allows to increase your range, there is not much sense in forcing a Concentration check without dealing damage, when you can do so with dealing damage as well!

Bye
Thanee

And odds are the DC will be MUCH higher than anything else you can do.
For example a 3rd level spell...
Riding on Horseback: DC 18
Vigorous Motion: DC 13
Entangled: DC15
Hit by an attack for 12 points of damage: DC 25

In fact if you can reliably break 10 damage, theres no better way to get a high Concentration DC.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads