• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

forced teleport

DiFier

First Post
O.K. Teleport only works on willing creatures meaning that if you don't want to be teleported you don't get teleported. it looks like the only way to teleport an unwilling subject is to cast teleportation circle which is an immobile spell and is 9th level.

Would it be overpowered to make a metamagic feat called forced teleport where unwilling creatures get a saving throw or are teleported to the desired location. this would work with teleport and teleport with out error. each spell would take up a slot one level higher than listed (so 6th and 8th) the save DC would be the normal for 6th and 8th level spells respectivally.

Is +1 spell slot too little? this is a very specialized feat, only working with 2 spells. is +1 too much? perhaps +2 for the save DC's for just these 2 spells.

Clay_More

First Post
I especially like the little quote Krishnath added to it. And it actually makes sense, why would anyone want a Teleport Without Error that was forced, if the spell was meant to simply remove opponents. Off course, if you wanted to Teleport someone to a specific prison cell or something, it might be a problem. But otherwise not.

DiFier

First Post
I'm going to make it creatues touched rather than a ranged spell. so mulitipul creatures but you have to touch them. you yourself are teleported along with them.

Clay_More

First Post
hehehe, I like the thing with being teleported along with them... First of all, you cant teleport them somewhere nasty and secondly, you dont solve any combat problems. I think the fact that you teleport along is gonna make the spell a little, if not alot, problematic. They will most likely attack you, if you make them go somewhere they dont wanna be. Unless, off course, you have another teleport readied :)

Impeesa

Explorer
If it still has the chance for a mishap.... for the cost of Maximize Spell and a cohort who can resurrect you, you now have one of the most effective insta-kill spells in existance. ;)

--Impeesa--

CombatWombat51

First Post
If anyone's interested, here's the version I use IMC. I made it the same level as teleport because it can only be used as a getaway spell in emergencies, and it can be difficult to get rid of significant opponents... most useful for slave or prisoner gathering, and the like.

Expel
Transmutation [Teleportation]
Level: Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area: Ray
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

A cerulean ray fires from your pointed finger, sending the target to a far off place. You must make a ranged touch attack to hit the target. If struck, the target is instantly teleported to a random location somewhere on the same plane that this spell is cast. The target gets a Will saving throw to negate the effect. Add the creature’s HD to its saving throw, and add your caster level to the DC, in addition to the normal modifiers.
Alternatively, the target can be teleported to a predetermined location (you choose when you cast the spell). Casting arcane mark specifically for this purpose at the location designates the place the target will be teleported to. You may only have one designated target per 5 caster levels.
Wherever the target is teleported, they are teleported to a safe location. This means that they will appear on normal, solid ground.
When the target arrives at whatever location, they are nauseated for one round.

Hmm, I could see it being 6th level in other games, though... being teleported anywhere in the world isn't such a terrible thing IMC since the whole world is relatively small compared to most game worlds.

Remove ads