• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forest of Doom - IC Thread

AlphaSheWolf

First Post
Is anyone taking his potion of levitation & the 7gp?

OOC: Since neither of the guys claimed them, Keena will take both the golld and potion

Keena checks the hut for means to block the door and seal the windows from the denizens of the forest. She prepares something for her and Chera to eat, then unrolls her bedroll.

S'mon

Legend
OOC: Since neither of the guys claimed them, Keena will take both the golld and potion

Keena checks the hut for means to block the door and seal the windows from the denizens of the forest. She prepares something for her and Chera to eat, then unrolls her bedroll.

GM: There are shutters for the window, and both window and door can be held fast with steel-reinforced lengths of wood that look solid enough to keep out an ogre. There are plenty of provisions in the hut, as well as the chickens, and you can all cook up a meal and eat well.

Can I get a final tally of which PCs are going to sleep outside the hut, without protection from the night terrors of the Forest of Doom? :devil: Just Kip?

Cor Azer

First Post
Paaq respectfully turns his back as Chera clothes herself. "Chera, if I may ask... How long were you this man's slave? It's late, so we may need to camp here tonight, and I was wondering if he had any usual preparations for night; the forest is quite dangerous at night, yet he was apparently here for a while... Almost thriving."

OOC: If there's enough space, Paaq will stay inside for the night, although he will go outside if preparations require so.

No problem if Keena takes loot.

S'mon

Legend
Paaq respectfully turns his back as Chera clothes herself. "Chera, if I may ask... How long were you this man's slave? It's late, so we may need to camp here tonight, and I was wondering if he had any usual preparations for night; the forest is quite dangerous at night, yet he was apparently here for a while... Almost thriving."

OOC: If there's enough space, Paaq will stay inside for the night, although he will go outside if preparations require so.

No problem if Keena takes loot.

OOC: There's room for everyone to stay inside if you wished.

Chera:
"He... bought me at the market in Mirewater yesterday, then we left at dawn today, and reached here about an hour before you arrived, I think. I have never spent the night here."

S'mon

Legend
GM: OK... You have supper as dusk falls, and then most of the group take shelter in the hut, securely bolting the window and door, while Kip beds down in the open, three-sided woodshed.

A gibbous moon rises above the treetops...

Encounter checks: 1 in 6 chance, 8pm, 12am, 4am.

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
Day 3, 05:30

Rising, Kip yawns and stretches in the pre-dawn light. Those sleepy-heads in the hut are still abed!

OOC: Lucky! :)

GM: Everyone gets back 1 hp for overnight rest.

Edit: Looks like Jonath is the only PC below full hp, at 5/8.

Last edited:

Cor Azer

First Post
Paaq rises fairly early himself, a habit of his days in the bakery when fresh bread needed to be done before customers arrived. An idea occurs to him, and he carefully picks his way to the chicken coop to see if any fresh eggs are available for breakfast. He has a passing fancy to take the chickens as well, but he realizes he doesn't have the supplies to cart a small farm about the woods.

En route, he takes a peek in on Kip, ensuring his night was equally uneventful.

Jonath Cailan:

With a groan, Jonath sits up from his bedroll. His shoulder, sore yesterday, is even more so today - and his arm is stiff, besides. Working some stretching exercises, he attempts to get it back into shape.

"What's for breakdast? I'm starved."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads