• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Forge of Fury - Missing Handaxe

I'm running FoF for my party, though modified to fit our campaign world and to challenge my 5th level party.

In the aftermath section is lists a handaxe from area 14 that bears the forgemark and can be resold, yet when I turn to area 14 I see not mention of this item, nor do I see any other mention of handaxe anywhere in the book. What am I missing? Is this something that got dropped in editing?

pukunui

Legend
It's actually a bit unclear in the original 3e version of the adventure as well. There's no mention of a hand axe in the description of area 14, but Old Yarrack gets his own statblock, in which he has a masterwork hand axe. I can only assume that is the one that is meant. (It would've been helpful if the text said "carried by Old Yarrack in area 14" instead of just "in area 14".)

That said, I'm assuming that because they decided to have Old Yarrack use the generic orog stats from the 5e MM, they missed that he was supposed to be carrying the hand axe. So they kept the unclear aftermath reference to it from the original adventure but forgot to add it to the description of area 14.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads