• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Forge of Fury PF system -OOC

renau1g

First Post
I like the Arcane Duelist option from the APG.

re: starting equipment - how does that work in Pathfinder? Using a table I'm guessing for expected wealth.

Bihlbo

Explorer
My character is posed in the rogues' gallery. Backle Hinterpick is ready to go, so just let me know how you want him introduced. Some background of what he knows about his situation would be very much appreciated!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Bad week for me to go over a character for you,as I have done 11 so far this week, sorry. But I know your character isn't complete and will explain below.

To Everyone:

Below is a list of all XP and all loot gathered for the first lvl I have it posted also in the IC (along with a complete map of lvl1). And since I am trying to learn stuff for LPF I thought of adding in the Time Awards. And by doing that it seems everyone has leveled up (by a mere 296 pts), and gotten a little extra gold.

So some insight - If this were an LPF game. Just a quick dungeon with a bunch of rooms with perhaps the goal being to stop orc raiders in the area, then the game would have lasted four and a half months and garnered enough XP to get the group to level 5.

So needless to say I'm glad we have added time xp. But I had a little trouble with the monster xp (that and the new AoW games slowing me down in this game sorry about that). It has to do with the orcs XP - they are 135 each and some how I got 100xp each for fighting four. But I think it should be 108. Can someone double check that. My problem was they didn't make an even CR for me being 1/3 each.

Ok here's what I would like to do:

A) Have the group RP leaving Stonetooth - but no RP needed in town as this is a dungeon delve game - taking with them all their loot and some of the caravan stuff they found (which will equal the time gp, ;) like how I snuck that in), maybe they find a disasembled wagon or just wheels and a board to strap them to.

B) Everyone should LvL up (including your character Bihlbo) as you are all at 10,296xp and divide up the treasure here in the OOC incase you want to keep something found. The two new characters will have 10,500gp to play with instead of 6,000gp.

C) When lvl ups are done and everyone has spent their hard earned gold, I will be introducing the new PCs and we will head down to lvl 2. Ears and Lusk will have gotten into a little trouble and be unable to 'tag' along.

[sblock=Loot & XP]

Experience (per player):
Sentries and Archers - 150xp
Orcs - 100xp
Ogre & Wolves - 300xp

above already awarded

Orcs - 100xp
Yarrick - 80xp
Dwarven statue trap - 120xp
Striges - 160xp
False door trap - 120xp
Burdug - 80xp
Orcs - 50xp

Total of + 710xp from encounters
Time XP Award: + 3,036xp

Total XP = 4,296xp

Loot:
Orc sentires and archers: 27gp, 51sp
Room #5: Sack of coins (250sp, 40gp) and unidentified potion - ???
Room #11: 210gp, a topaz worth 200gp, and two onyx gems worth 50gp each
- looted bodies: 28gp, 56sp
- Yarrick: scalemail, large steel shield, mw hand axe, and 3 throwing axes
Rooms 12 & 14: Two chest containing 440gp, 1600sp, sack w/180gp and a flask of holy water.
- potion of Spider Climb
- magical dagger (size small): unidentified
Room #9: two leather sacks 160sp each, 2 light maces, and a dagger

Time gold Award: +2,346gp each

Total Loot:

cash:
925gp
2,277sp
topaz - 200gp
onyx(2) - 50gp each

bonus: + 2,346gp to each character

mundane items - (resale):
scalemail - (25gp)
large steel shield - (10gp)
mw hand axe - (153gp)
throwing axes(3) - (12gp, 4gp each)
holy water (12.5gp)
light maces(2) - (5gp, 2.5gp each)
dagger - (0.5gp)

magical items - (resale):
potion - unknown (???)
potion of spider climb - (25gp)
dagger(size small) - unknown (???) [/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
And since I am trying to learn stuff for LPF I thought of adding in the Time Awards. And by doing that it seems everyone has leveled up (by a mere 296 pts), and gotten a little extra gold.

How does the Time Award mechanic work? Sounds like an interesting way to speed up the leveling in PbP game. Might consider stealing it or aspects of it for a PbP I run.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The discussion can be found here.

EN World: D&D / RPG News & Reviews - Proposal: GM Awards!

And I didn't think about using it for my other games for most of them I assign a goal and when you reach it you lvl up. (That way they aren't trying to fight every orc they come across.)

And for my HB campagin Off to War I made my own by post system which is working as we have been playing (since lvl1 and 0XP) for almost a year and a half and those characters that have been around since day one are almost 5th lvl. I believe that good for pbp from some of the games I've been in.

HM

_

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads