• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Hey Forged Anvil! Your sheet is dope! Just wanted to bring up that there is at least 1 Roguish Archetype missing: Inquisitive. Thanks for your hard work!

The Inquisitive Rogue Archetype is from Xanathar's Guide to Everything. The information contained within XGtE is being added to v2.28. You can find this archetype in the v2.28 Example Character - Zenith BETA1.zip on the main page for Forge's CS.

XGTE update

First time here/posting love your sheet, do we know when the update that has XGTE is going to be available? i used your sheet last in campaign cant wait to use it for me XGTE char

Dannyboy7702

First Post
First time here/posting love your sheet, do we know when the update that has XGTE is going to be available? i used your sheet last in campaign cant wait to use it for me XGTE char

The next update will take time. There are a few community members who are helping, but as I said, it will take time. There is currently a beta of v2.28 available on the main forum page. It is called...

ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator v2.28 Example Character - Zenith BETA1.zip

There have already been some bugs reported about this beta and it doesn't contain all the information from XGtE. Please be patient, as there are still bugs being discovered in v2.27 that have to be addressed as well.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
To all,

I am not singling anyone out, nor am I trying to cause any friction. Several members of this forum have been asking when the next version of Forge's CS will be release. Everyone needs to understand that Forge has a life outside of this community. It takes time to input new information and to test it for any bugs. There are several members from the community that do help, but it takes time. If you want to praise the Forge for his CS that is fine, if you have questions ask them, if you think you found a bug in the current version post it (it may have already been discovered and fixed for the next release), and if you have found a bug in the limited beta of v2.28 "ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator v2.28 Example Character - Zenith BETA1.zip" post it (it may have already been discovered and fixed).

However, please stop asking when the next version will be released. Forge will publish it when it is completed.

Again, I am not singling anyone out, nor am I trying to cause friction. I am just asking that you please be patient.

Also, if you want to thank Forge for his hard work you can always donate some funds so he can purchase his favorite beverage... Beer

Arkatekt

First Post
I'm not sure what more you would need from me,* but I've noticed that filling in Custom Spells (in particular Custom Spell 6) will cause an error with the Character Summary spell listing where every line will be replaced with #N/A. Removing the text from the Name field of Custom Spell 6 will replace the error text with the information in the Short Description line. Removing text from the Name field for Custom Spell 5 will replace the error text with the Short Description of Custom Spell 5. edit: It seems to be doing with all of the Custom Spells, actually. I removed the text from the Name field of the other sections and saw it happening with each of them, pushing the Short Description to fill all of the lines in the Character Summary's Spell List.

I assumed it was user error from previous uses of the generator compounding, but I downloaded a fresh copy of the file and only changed the Custom Spells section and still had it happen.

*I can provide screenshots and the file with the errors if you find you can't replicate the error on your own. e: Version 2.27

Last edited:

panzerchris

First Post
This is possibly more of a techical question than anything else but here goes.

I created a level 4 Druid using the sheet with the following starting stats:
Str 8, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10 (Prof. Wis, Int, Con).

Druid Circle: Moon
And at level 4 chose the feat resillient and increased my Con ability score by 1 up to 16.

For wildshape, I chose Brown Bear but I notice the Wild Shape sheet lists the claw and bite melee attacks as being +6 but the information about the Brown Bear wildshape in PhB pg.304 lists these attacks as +5. I'm curious whether I misunderstand how the Wild Shape rules are applied to come up with the +6 calculation, or if it's a mistake in the wildshape database in the sheet.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
I'm not sure what more you would need from me,* but I've noticed that filling in Custom Spells (in particular Custom Spell 6) will cause an error with the Character Summary spell listing where every line will be replaced with #N/A. Removing the text from the Name field of Custom Spell 6 will replace the error text with the information in the Short Description line. Removing text from the Name field for Custom Spell 5 will replace the error text with the Short Description of Custom Spell 5. edit: It seems to be doing with all of the Custom Spells, actually. I removed the text from the Name field of the other sections and saw it happening with each of them, pushing the Short Description to fill all of the lines in the Character Summary's Spell List.

I assumed it was user error from previous uses of the generator compounding, but I downloaded a fresh copy of the file and only changed the Custom Spells section and still had it happen.

*I can provide screenshots and the file with the errors if you find you can't replicate the error on your own. e: Version 2.27

Sent you a PM

Remove ads