D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

thechew

First Post
I was going to comment that Toll the Dead wasn't available in my wizard cantrips and see if I missed something. Then I saw a post that XGE wasn't fully implented yet.

smbakeresq

Explorer
I was going to comment that Toll the Dead wasn't available in my wizard cantrips and see if I missed something. Then I saw a post that XGE wasn't fully implented yet.

You can add it. When you select a cantrip select a blank space and just type in the name. On the spell sheet (CS 3) it will be a blank line and you can just write in the details.

Dannyboy7702

First Post

You can add it. When you select a cantrip select a blank space and just type in the name. On the spell sheet (CS 3) it will be a blank line and you can just write in the details.

Baker is correct. You can also add it under the Custom Tab, in the Custom Spell section.

Cold

First Post
Comment Author

Fyi, the comment for the XP box on the start page displays a name other than ForgedAnvil. My sheet labels the cell as F31. Minor, but I thought it might be something that Forged might want to address.

smbakeresq

Explorer
Noticed a bug.

1 level of life cleric (with 13 wisdom) and 4 levels of Bard (16 CHR). The spell sheet shows Cure Light Wounds(as a cleric domain spell) heals 1d8+6. Its 1d8 + 1 (wis mod) and then +3 (for life cleric.) It appears its using CHR as the spell casting stat as opposed to WIS.

Its a small error and probably not worth correcting since it appears only in corner cases like this, but wanted to let you know anyway.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Noticed a bug.

1 level of life cleric (with 13 wisdom) and 4 levels of Bard (16 CHR). The spell sheet shows Cure Light Wounds(as a cleric domain spell) heals 1d8+6. Its 1d8 + 1 (wis mod) and then +3 (for life cleric.) It appears its using CHR as the spell casting stat as opposed to WIS.

Its a small error and probably not worth correcting since it appears only in corner cases like this, but wanted to let you know anyway.

There is not "Cure Light Wounds", there is only "Cure Wounds".

The "Discipline of Life" feature for the Life Cleric does not state anything about an ability modifier when a healing spell is used; it states... Whenever you use a spell of 1st level or higher to restore hit points to a creature, the creature regains additional hit points equal to 2 + the spell's level".

With that being said, the PHB states on page 164 under Spells Known and Prepared " Each spell you know and prepared is associated with one of your classes, and you use the spellcasting ability of that class when you cast the spell".

A Bard, just like the Cleric can cast the 1st level spell Cure Wounds, but its Spellcasting Ability is Charisma instead of a Cleric's Wisdom. I am going to make a guess and say that in the case of where a spell overlaps between 2 different spellcasting classes, you use the ability modifier that is the highest (if the spell calls for using the spellcasting ability modifier).

You can see this occur if you have a level 10 Evocation Wizard with an Intelligence modifier of +3 and a level 6 Sorcerer with the Draconic Bloodline of a Brass Dragon with a Charisma modifier of +4. The Burning Hands spell is available for both classes and it is an Evocation Spell and it deals Fire Damage. For a 10th level Evocation Wizard, they can add their spellcasting ability modifier to the damage thanks to the subclass feature "Empowered Evocation" and the Sorcerer with the Brass Dragon Draconic Ancestry can add its spellcasting ability modifier to the damage (as the spell deals fire damage) thanks to the subclass feature "Elemental Affinity".

In the above example, the CS will use the Charisma spellcasting ability modifier (+4) for the Sorcerer class, as it is higher than the Intelligence spellcasting ability modifier (+3) for the Wizard.

Remove ads