D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Dannyboy7702

First Post
If edits were being accepted, I don’t think this is something that needs to be changed. The sheet is doing all the math for you and giving you a short idea of what that ability is giving you.

*It is not meant to be a replacement to the books.*

I agree with what you said and I am a firm believer that you need to books in conjunction with the CS. At the same time, I believe that wording can play a big part. This community member ended up putting his foot in his mouth because he did not verify his issues with the books (says he has XGtE). Let this be a lesson learned.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Can someone PM me the latest version so that I can help error check? It will help me apply what I learned in Excel class ....

It isn't that simple. Forge's level of knowledge and understanding of Excel exceeds anything that can be taught in a class. I have already see the results of a community member's attempts at adding material from XGtE and the subsequent attempts at trying to fix the bugs they introduced.

Forge's CS is extensive and so are the formulas and coding. Any of the bugs that were discovered in v2.27 have already been addressed by Forge. Additionally the bugs that were discovered in the beta of v2.28 (during its short time on here) have also been addressed. Plus the only way of knowing what the errors are, is to create multiple characters and reviewing every piece of data.

Forge is working on the CS. The main issue is figuring out how to get the CS to the masses.

Last edited:

LanternMTG

First Post
Hey Danny,

I've crawled through the thread but theres a lot of posts... do we have any direct updates as to if this project is still on going? I really hope its not dead.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Hey Danny,

I've crawled through the thread but theres a lot of posts... do we have any direct updates as to if this project is still on going? I really hope its not dead.

Its not dead. Forge is still working on it. The problem is getting it out to everyone. It may have to me an email chain or something else. I don't know. I am sure Forge will notify some of us to test the build.

Remove ads